8 weeks post labour - STILL BLEEDING!!!!

Brockie

Reaction score
As the title says ladies, is anyone else having this problem?!

the bleeding will tail off then come back heavy and red again? im BFing so sure its not a period, tho i pretty much constantly have cramping too.

doc says its normal, and suggested i take 2 of my mini-pills a day as this can help stop the bleeding apparantly?!

i have taken a course of anti-biotics to rule out any infection, my labour notes stated placenta was 'complete' so my doc is sure there is nothing to worry about, its just so annoying!

is it just me?! :blush:

xxxxx

Mne just stopped a few days ago but I think I got my period too. Hope yours stops soon, I know how rank you feel when you're bleeding constantly :(

My periods and bleeding was horrendous after Chase. Post natal bleeding lasted 5.5 weeks and then I had a period for 10 days. After that, I got my period every two weeks and spotting inbetween up until December. Just when I think my periods returned to normal, it screwed up again this past week.

If everything has been ruled out, I guess the best thing to do is wait hon. I have heard other women on here saying they've bled until 8-12 weeks.

Sucks, doesn't it? :hugs:

You've likely gotten your period... long bleeding is normal im afraid.

btw, you can get periods while bfing... im not sure why everyone tries to claim you dont... only some are lucky enough not to have them :) you can still ovulate too so if you dont plan on having another baby then use contracepttion.

It could be your period irregardless of you breastfeeding.

However I did too notice that my periods since giving birth became awful. Longer,heavier and more oainful (I never suffered cramping before)...
:hugs:

thanks girls, i think maybe your right and it is my period, you go all those months with nothing then it never bloody ends (excuse the pun!) xxx

ahhh the joys of being a woman! x

:cry: I bled for about 15 weeks.
I did get the shot though, so that might have been why. :shrug:

I bled for 3 months on and off after having dylan but i think that may have been my period as well, i found it hard to tell because it felt like i was always bleeding!!
This time round it was for about 6 weeks and ive had no period yet
Hope it stops for you soon
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499