8 yr old and sewing machines?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi, Ive posted this in Santa's grotto but have only had one reply so was hoping that it would do better here.

Basically I was looking to get DD1 who is 8 a sewing machine as part of her main present for Christmas, the problem is all the toy ones I have looked at have really bad reviews saying that the stitching comes straight undone and basically are very poor quality.

Just wondering if anyone could perhaps recommend me one that would be suitable? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks. :flower:

Why don't you just get her a real one instead of a toy one? I used my moms all the time when I was 8. As long as she's supervised and taught how to use it safely of course!

I agree. I first used one at around age 5 or 6 with a LOT of supervision. By 7 or 8, I could use one on my own, with my nana in the room of course. =) I just used a very simple small sized vintage machine that had forward, backward, regular and zigzag. We just had a strict rule of keeping your fingers curled under when guiding the fabric, lol.

I'm not sure of a brand or exact model, but probably if you asked at the shops for something very basic they might be able to tell you the best one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->