9 Days Overdue and Baby Measuring Small.... Worried... Any Advice..?

jobiem

Reaction score
Please does anyone have any advice as im getting really stressed and worried now. Im 9 days overdue today. Yesterday saw MW and had a sweep which did give me some very strong braxton hicks/period like cramps but seems to have gone away overnight so guess that didnt work! When MW measured me she said baby is only about 7 pound and is small and has not really grown over last two weeks. She phoned the hospital and arranged an emergency growth scan for me which I have booked this afternoon. In the meantime i became so worried i went to my birthing centre myself to get a trace on babys movements and heartbeat which thankfully were fine.

Does anyone else have experience of baby measuring small at this stage and if so, what happened? Im booked for induction tues if he still is not born but im so worried maybe my placenta is deteriorating as ive been eating non stop but baby not growing.

Any advice would be very helpful please. Thanks :) xxxxx

I don't understand why your MW is saying the baby is measuring small if the baby is 7 pounds I'm a nurse up in labor and delivery and a healthy baby is 6 pounds and it's weird she's making you go over your due date that long I'm no doctor but you should be just fine to be induced now and have a healthy baby!

I agree, I wouldn't be worried. 7 lbs sounds like a good size to me. Just to let you know I was induced at 41 1/2 wks with my first. They estimated her to be around 7 1/2 lbs at that time ( and weren't concerned by the way) and she was born at 8 lbs 10 oz! So there's no sure fire way to tell how big baby really is until they are born. So try not to worry too much. Hope baby makes a safe and healthy arrival!

I agree 7lbs isn't that small, my DD was 6lb 10 @ 40 weeks and considered a normal weight. Sure, maybe growth is slowing down at the end but I think thats normal. As long as she's moving and all the tests are fine I dont see why they are worrying you with a growth scan. Hope it goes well regardless!

I don't understand why your MW is saying the baby is measuring small if the baby is 7 pounds I'm a nurse up in labor and delivery and a healthy baby is 6 pounds and it's weird she's making you go over your due date that long I'm no doctor but you should be just fine to be induced now and have a healthy baby!

Thank you for your replies! Yes i agree and have no idea why they dont induce me now as im 9 days over and rather than there be a problem lets get him out now! Hopefully my scan will tell me more xxxx

I was in the same boat with my DD. She was born 14 days late at 7.3lbs and 18.5 inches. The doctors suggested my due date was off by approx. 3 weeks and we were just looking at a younger baby than expected. As long as vitals are good and you are good i wouldnt worry too much, you probably just got a little peanut! My DD is now 5 and tiniest little thing in her class but average and beyond developmentally. She still wears 4t in pants!

7lb is a great size!!! if she was measuring around 4 or so Id be worried since you are past due date but 7 is great! Your baby will be here soon!

Well i had my growth scan and now im even more confused as the baby that was said to be measuring small they now estimate to be 9 pounds!!! Obviously this is only an estimate but its still slightly different! Also baby is not laying back to back as midwife said he was either so i was worrying about that for no reason too. They did say have i lost any fluid as its on the low side but ok which i havent so dont know what happened to that!!! Hopefully he will be born very soon as im 10 days over tomorrow and really want to avoid induction and for him to come out naturally before then. Thanks everyone for your replies xxxx

I don't know why there letting you go on for this long to be honest and sending you for further growth scans they should just induce you already, a 7lbs baby is perfectly healthy, bloody stupid, i would bring up about inducing you.

Yes totally agree.... Surely when you go this far overdue if there are any kinds of concerns its better just to get the baby out asap. Quite worrying really the way they deal with things. Well he still hasnt arrived... I had irregular contractions last night for second night in a row but they did not increase in intensity and now have gone away again. I have my second sweep booked this morning. When I had my scan and the sonographer said the fluid levels were low i asked then would this be a reason to induce she said no as not low enough. Plus she said my placenta is looking mature as i am overdue but still they just let pregnancy continue... Its a joke.... I just want my baby out now as he is better off on the outside :-( xxxxx

Yes totally agree.... Surely when you go this far overdue if there are any kinds of concerns its better just to get the baby out asap. Quite worrying really the way they deal with things. Well he still hasnt arrived... I had irregular contractions last night for second night in a row but they did not increase in intensity and now have gone away again. I have my second sweep booked this morning. When I had my scan and the sonographer said the fluid levels were low i asked then would this be a reason to induce she said no as not low enough. Plus she said my placenta is looking mature as i am overdue but still they just let pregnancy continue... Its a joke.... I just want my baby out now as he is better off on the outside :-( xxxxx

Im so sorry. How frusterated you must be!! I cant imagine going 10 or so days passed my due date. I already decided if shes not here on her due date I will start walking around my town until my waterbreaks LOL :haha: but im sure things will start up soon. Hopefully within a few days. Most Dr's here wont let women go 2 weeks passed their due dates, so hopefully it will be the same for you. Good luck. Keep us updated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->