9 month old screaming at night but not waking up

Willow82

Reaction score
Anyone else's baby do this? It's happened the last few nights. Previously she would fuss for her dummy a couple of times and then from 4am want to come in bed with us. Now she's coming in from about 1 and intermittently screaming and tensing her body up but she doesn't wake up. My eldest never did this. I think it's pain related as we gave her some medicine last night and she settled down. I thought that it might be constipation as she's started to make faces when pooing but she's done one today and it looks soft. Could it be teething? My eldest full on cried and woke up during teething episodes so I'm not sure what's going on.

It could be teething, especially if a bit of medicine helped. It could also be wind. Has she started to eat something different recently? I know at 9 months, mine started to really eat loads of solid food (obviously, she'd been eating solids since 6 months, but it really picked up at 9 months and she was eating proper big meals), so could just be digestion ramping up a bit which is causing some pain. It could also be night terrors, but it seems young for that. The good thing is if she isn't waking up, she can't be too uncomfortable. Hopefully it passes soon.

I remember mine doing this around that age - I never really figured out why but it stopped shortly after it started.

Sounds like it could be night terrors . My Ds suffered with them any time he was over tired or teething or unwell . They look awake but are fast asleep . They thrash around and are difficult to console . T

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->