9 weeks and have two subchorionic hematomas

TTCtiffany

Reaction score
Last night I had a tiny amount of pink when I wiped. But this being my third pregnancy, I had never experianced this before, so I was nervous. I was already told I have a huge cyst, so I thought it might be causing issues for me. Went to the ER pelvic showed a nice, closed cervix and no sign of blood. Then the ultrasound was amazing saw the babies heart beat, and the little arms and leg nubs moving around. So I thought I was in the clear, however she came in saying I had two hematomas and that they can cause miscarriage, stillborn etc. I was terrified. I'm also
Moving to a new state on Wed, so she told me to
Make a follow up appointment before then, and pelvic rest. I called my boss and said I can't work my last few days- but as a waitress I don't want to risk making this worse. I did a lot of online research and most of what I read was very positive. I just don't know what to think, but I don't want to be negative or walk around like the baby is not going to make it. Anyone else?

The advice you get really varies depending on the person you speak to. I had an SCH found at 9 weeks when I too started bleeding. The lady who found it was very relaxed about it- almost too relaxed.

I think the miscarriage risk depends on the size and placement of them. Did she say anything about that? I took it easy for the next 4 weeks when the bleeding eventually stopped. I had a couple of very large bleeds (seriously like someone had been murdered in my pants!) and freaked out but all is ok and I'm now almost 20 weeks.

I walk around a lot for my work but the doctor said it was fine to carry on working, just ease up if I did have the larger bleeds. I also was told not to take baths or have sex and was put on progesterone. In all though, the doctors weren't very concerned about the SCH and with all the research I did, it seems to be pretty common.

My advice though for you is to ease up on activity of you get a big bleed, and to invest in some heavy-duty pads- and make sure you carry them with you at all times!!

The advice you get really varies depending on the person you speak to. I had an SCH found at 9 weeks when I too started bleeding. The lady who found it was very relaxed about it- almost too relaxed.

I think the miscarriage risk depends on the size and placement of them. Did she say anything about that? I took it easy for the next 4 weeks when the bleeding eventually stopped. I had a couple of very large bleeds (seriously like someone had been murdered in my pants!) and freaked out but all is ok and I'm now almost 20 weeks.

I walk around a lot for my work but the doctor said it was fine to carry on working, just ease up if I did have the larger bleeds. I also was told not to take baths or have sex and was put on progesterone. In all though, the doctors weren't very concerned about the SCH and with all the research I did, it seems to be pretty common.

My advice though for you is to ease up on activity of you get a big bleed, and to invest in some heavy-duty pads- and make sure you carry them with you at all times!!
Thank you! I was very worried, and the bleeding was very light so I wasn't to concerned until she brought it up! What do they give you the progesterone for?

I was given progesterone as the UK are trialling it for women who have early bleeds. I think they're seeing if it helps with the amount of women who get early bleeding. In other countries it's standard to be given progesterone, which is why the UK are trialling it. I wonder if it's something you should ask your doctor about?

I learned from googling that there really isn't a lot of research about SCH which is why advice varies so much between doctors.

I was given progesterone as the UK are trialling it for women who have early bleeds. I think they're seeing if it helps with the amount of women who get early bleeding. In other countries it's standard to be given progesterone, which is why the UK are trialling it. I wonder if it's something you should ask your doctor about?

I learned from googling that there really isn't a lot of research about SCH which is why advice varies so much between doctors.
I get that about the research- my friend had one and her doctor didn't even care- mine put me on pelvic rest!

I was just diagnosed as having two of them as well! I'm 6w3d according to the ultrasound I had this afternoon.

My midwife placed me on pelvic rest for a month (sorry hubby!), and said that I am to do no strenuous activity - no aerobics or jumping jacks, or anything like that. So I can load the washer/dryer, but hubby will have to be the one to haul the laundry to/from the basement (three levels of stairs in our house).

We saw the heart beat (120 bpm), which has the midwife feeling optimistic about things. As long as they don't grow larger in size, she sees no reason why they would have a negative impact on my pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->