9mo milk / solid / nap routine

mandimoo

Reaction score
Sorry about all the numbers, but if you can bear to read through, I would really like some advice.

I'm really feeling a struggle to do anything other than feed & nap my 9mo. Partly because she still lays with me to fall asleep (can take up to 1hr, 3xday). Otherwise our day looks a bit like this....

6.30 wake
7.15 cereal
8.30 milk 90ml
9.00 nap 90min
11.00 milk 90ml
13.00 lunch
14.00 milk 150ml
14.30 nap 90min
17.00 milk 180ml
19.30 milk 180ml
20.30 bed

How would you move forward from here? Should I cut a bottle? Which one?

She has small appetite for solids and I have held back from giving supper solids as i'm hitting a wall by then (I'm an older mum, not trying to make excuses but I do seem to get worn out!) and also she sleeps through right now and I'm scared to have a sleep regression!

So it looks like you're offering solids twice a day. If you'd like to move forward with solids, just offer a dinner. Don't worry about cutting a bottle. If she's hungry for milk, she lets you know, right? And if you offer a bottle when she's not hungry, she doesn't take it, right?

If I was going to cut one of those bottle's it would be the 5pm one. You could try offering dinner of some description at that time. If you eat healthy meals, there's no real reason you can't give her what you're having (mash it with a fork if needs be). I found it easy (still do) to make a huge casserole in the slow cooker on the weekends and freeze into baby single serves so all I had to do was defrost/heat.... Having a few different casseroles (varying meat, veggies etc.) meant DS wasn't stuck with the same thing day in day out. Serve with pasta or egg noodles or mash veggies. No harder than heating up a bottle. If she's hungry she'll it if not, she'll still get her bottle at 7:30.

Good luck :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"