9w 3d. Can't find hb on Doppler anymore.

Mcrobinson

Reaction score
I am 9w 3d. When I was 9w I found the heart beat with Doppler for the first time. It was amazing! I also found it the next day as well! But, I have not been able to find it today or yesterday. I know people are going to say "don't worry. You're so early on. It is hard to find." But I found it so easily once I figured out where it was. It's quite disappointing. I promised myself I wouldn't get worked up if I couldn't find the heartbeat one day. But... I am. Plus, this is the same week I lost my first so it is especially difficult.

I'm not going to tell you not to worry, because I know I would feel the exact same way as you if I could find it easily before and then not now :hugs: I know this is kind of a dumb question, but since baby can move quite a bit, did you "expand your search" more? I don't have much experience with dopplers, so don't have any great advice, but can you go in for a reassurance scan at your doctor?

I have considered that baby could have traveled higher. I have tried to look higher but previously baby was right below my "pudge or pooch" when I go higher its right at my pooch and I would have to push harder and it becomes a little uncomfortable. It's hard to explain. I was not AT ALL expecting to find it so early so now I kinda wish I hadn't so I wouldn't obsess about it so much. I doubt my dr would allow me to come in:( when I asked them about me using a Doppler they said they'd prefer if I didn't. I really think this was the reason why. I have no cramping or bleeding and my morning sickness is still here so I'm praying everything is ok.

I honestly think that you have everything on your side, with your symptoms and no cramping/bleeding, except that finding the heartbeat on your home Doppler so early has given you a standard that you'll always be able to find it. It gives you hope, but also sets you up for worry, which like you said, is probably what your doc was concerned about. But I completely understand why you were checking at 9 weeks..I had actually planned to buy a Doppler right after my 8 week scan coming up (if everything at the appointment was okay). NOW I'm going to say it...try not to worry (but I know, it's SO much easier said than done!) Is your scheduled scan at 12 weeks?

I'm thinking positive thoughts for ya :hugs:

I had a ultrasound at 8 weeks and like you I told myself I wouldn't buy a Doppler until I had that first ultrasound. I don't have another ultrasound until 20 weeks ( the gender scan) but they do check for hb with a Doppler at every appointment. My next appt isn't until may 8th. Of course if I don't find the hb again before that I will be calling! With my first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage I ha hardly any symptoms so this pregnancy ha been very promising. I keep saying if you looked up pregnancy in the dictionary you would see my face. Lol. It's just disturbing to be on such a high and have to jump off of it briefly. The first day I found the hb I literally listened to it 4 times that day. I would recommend getting a Doppler. Just tread lightly. Hopefully ill hear something tomorrow. I'm not going to mess with it again today. I don't want to become (more) obsessive. Thanks for your input. It's always nice to get insight from someone else.

I didn't first find the hb on dopplar till 9+6. The only reason I found it was cause I read online to prop your bottom up on a pillow and have a full bladder. I did that and heard baby really low and a bit to the left. Since then I have days where I can't hear it at all so when that happens I try not propping with the pillow,if that doesn't work then I try emptying my bladder. If that doesn't work, then I try propping on pillow again. t have managed to hear it very quietly trying those techniques. I also have a tilted uterus so that may be why I am having a harder time.

When you have a tilted uterus do they often make you sit on your hands when you have a gynecological exam? I have had to do that before. I have tried finding the hb today and yesterday in all different situations and times. After I ate, full bladder, empty bladder and so on. What's the longest you went without finding it? My morning sickness is so bad that sometimes the pushing of the Doppler makes me feel sick so I have to stop.

Sometimes if I can't find it I go to the loo or have something to eat and that helps. I didn't purchase my doppler before 10 weeks so not sure how easy to find earlier. Is yours a 2mhz or 3mhz cause mine is a 3 which is why it's easier to find. Also I would say your baby is still very low. Try and find the woosh of your placenta and it should be right near there. Best of luck, sure he/she is just hiding.

Make sure your bowels are cleared. That messed up the sound for me. Also not using enough oil or gel can have a slight effect. Sometimes, I can't find mine. Baby likes to bury deep sometimes and run away from the doppler.

Make sure your bowels are cleared. That messed up the sound for me. Also not using enough oil or gel can have a slight effect. Sometimes, I can't find mine. Baby likes to bury deep sometimes and run away from the doppler.
The bowels may be the problem. Along with the morning sickness I have dealt with the very lovely constipation issue. Tmi I know but today is day 6 of no bowel movement. I know tmi. Before this I went 4 days. I thought that may be a reason. I thought about making an entire post about that because I have never had problems with this other than when I have has surgery. Drinking plenty of water and taking milk of magnesia and still no luck:(

I didn't first find the hb on dopplar till 9+6. The only reason I found it was cause I read online to prop your bottom up on a pillow and have a full bladder. I did that and heard baby really low and a bit to the left. Since then I have days where I can't hear it at all so when that happens I try not propping with the pillow,if that doesn't work then I try emptying my bladder. If that doesn't work, then I try propping on pillow again. t have managed to hear it very quietly trying those techniques. I also have a tilted uterus so that may be why I am having a harder time.

I had my first doctor's appt at 10w1d (due to lmp), and she couldn't find heartbeat. She said baby was being stubborn. I also know that it's because i have a tilted uterus as well, and a bit of pudge on my stomach/pelvic area, so that could be too.

I've been going crazy with doppler since 8 weeks. Some days I cant find it. I try to eat sweet before I try and I realised you have to be very veryy slow with the doppler theres only one specific spot I find it and to even find it there I have to try for 10 minutes

When you have a tilted uterus do they often make you sit on your hands when you have a gynecological exam? I have had to do that before. I have tried finding the hb today and yesterday in all different situations and times. After I ate, full bladder, empty bladder and so on. What's the longest you went without finding it? My morning sickness is so bad that sometimes the pushing of the Doppler makes me feel sick so I have to stop.

No I've never had to do anything special for exams. Only when I'm pregnant I always have to do the transvaginal scan early on cause they can't get a good view through abdominal.
Did you try propping with the pillow? That seems to be when I have the best luck. A lot of times it's really hard to find too cause it's right by my artery/pulse or the whooshing of the placenta which is really loud, the hb is always pretty quiet and almost never registers a heartrate yet cause it's just too quiet. I can def hear it though. I think the longest I went was 2 days. I've noticed I find it in pretty much the same spot as the first time and not pressing down is when I hear it. Pressing down has the opposite affect for me.

I lost the heartbeat briefly early on and it had actually gone lower. Literally behind my pubic bone so I had to aim the Doppler down at an angle to aim behind where my bikini bottom would cover. I was very worried as I'd heard it consistently prior. It took 3 days to figure it out..best of luck hun :thumbup:

The bowels may be the problem. Along with the morning sickness I have dealt with the very lovely constipation issue. Tmi I know but today is day 6 of no bowel movement. I know tmi. Before this I went 4 days. I thought that may be a reason. I thought about making an entire post about that because I have never had problems with this other than when I have has surgery. Drinking plenty of water and taking milk of magnesia and still no luck:(

I read it was a problem for other women too! I haven't had a BM today and my babys heartbeat sounds very distant and buried lol. So try not to worry :) I know it's hard but never give up!! I would ask your doctor for a laxative. They do make them safe for pregnancy but it's kind of a "last resort" type thing.

Update! After eating a (very) late dinner, emptying bladder, and lying with a pillow under my hips I found the heartbeat again! It was VERY faint. It was lower than where it had been before. Almost back under my pelvic bone. It was so faint it wouldn't even register on the screen but I was able to stay on it for a minute and hubby was able to hear it too. Thank you all for your help! I will try now not to freak out if I can't find it. It does move around quite a bit in there!

I lost the heartbeat briefly early on and it had actually gone lower. Literally behind my pubic bone so I had to aim the Doppler down at an angle to aim behind where my bikini bottom would cover. I was very worried as I'd heard it consistently prior. It took 3 days to figure it out..best of luck hun :thumbup:

That is exactly what happened. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->