( ^ _ ^) 6 months EBF

lily28

ೋ.Mama Of A Prince.ೋ
Reaction score
I want to brag of my 6 month milestone of EBF my son!:happydance:

It has been such an amazing experience so far, I didn't know if I would make it so far while I was pregnant and later when my son was born. When people were asking me for how long will I BF him I was saying "hopefully for at least 3 months".

We had a somewhat good start at the hospital, he was immediately placed on my chest when born and latched but fell asleep right away. I tried again after his 2 hour nap and he again latched great and seemed to love the boobies because he didn't let them go for the next 3 weeks lol!
While I had a really good start, and didn't even get chaffed nipples, I let doubt get the best of me and started getting opinions and advice. Everyone was asking me "Do you have enough milk?" and I was like "I don't know,probably, baby seems fine!" and they were like ooh poor baby, the victim of a clueless mama.
A friend warned me that my milk production was in danger and I MUST pump after every feed, and MUST have a milk bank. So I started pumping and taking fenugreek. At first it was a relief, I had plenty of milk and it was sooo easy, I just pumped the breast that was full and filled those milk bags with ease. But at some point it got too much, My baby was choking on the milk and fussed, and I was spraying milk all the time, I was filling those breast pads every 1-2 hours.
This is when I realized that this advice was BS, and my milk production was never in danger.:dohh: I created a big problem all on my own.
Baby developed reflux and fussed at the cradle hold that made BF difficult for me, especially when outside our home. He would refuse meals, started dropping weight percentiles, and I was very worried. Engorged leaky breasts and a fussy baby was part of the daily life... Very slowly, as I stopped pumping, my milk production went back to normal, and things got better, but it did take a few months to do that. Only now at 6 months my baby tolerates the cradle hold again.:thumbup:

Now we are entering a new phase, of Bf and eating solids, and I hope we can make it to 1 year and further!

I want to thank everyone that gave me sound advice here in the BF forum, your help was invaluable!:kiss:

Well done on getting through all the difficulties! You've done so well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->