A bit nervous about heartrate

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't worry if the dr is not worried, but I went for a scan at 7 weeks and I asked what the heart rate was and he said it was between 150-160 bpm. I asked if that was good and he said yes. I went back at 9+5 and he said the heart rate was 160 bpm. I asked if that was a good strong heart rate and he said yes. I'm a bit nervous because from what I have read it should have been a bit lower at 7 weeks and then is suppose to increase by 3 beats per day, where mine did not seem to increase much. Most people seem to post heart rates in the 170's at 9.5-10 weeks. Anyone have any insight on this? I'm worried it means a chromosomal issue or something like that.

Normal is anywhere from 100-200.

It gets faster and then slower. At 9 weeks my baby's HR was 162. Now it hovers around 130-140.

Right now your baby is so young that it's heart rate is unpredictable. It won't start to be controlled by the brain until second trimester.

At 9+2 my sons hb was 162. It was always different at each appointment. But ranged between 135 (sleeping) and 160 (being wild). Lol

That's good heart rates hun. I would not be concerned. Baby's heart rate fluctuates.

I'd be much more worried about a low heartrate. I've seen lots of research suggesting a link between a low heartrate and problems, but nothing about high heartrates and issues.

If the doctor's not worried, try not to worry yourself (easier said than done I know).

My babies heart rate was 162 at 7+2 (supposed to be 7+6)

I'm sure your beanie is fine :) :hugs2:

Thanks ladies!!! I feel better hearing others were similar. Google can be scary sometimes lol!

With one of my other pregnancies I had a scan at 11 weeks and they technician was telling me how after movement the heartrate often slows down - so it sounds like something that can go up and down. Just depends on when you happen to catch baby

My babies heart rate was 160 at 7 & 9 weeks. I also worried after googling too much but he's absolutely fine.

My dr didn't measure the heart rate at my last us which was 9w2d, but told me everything looked healthy, she then mentioned the heart rate looked to be around 140. I didn't even think about this until after leaving, but the. Started freaking out, so I called the office and she said that the heart rate fluxuates a lot at this time and depends on what the baby is doing. She said anything between 120-180 was good. It still freaks me out a bit, but just trusting in God and my dr. That's all we can do!!!

:hugs: It sounds absolutely normal to me. My daughter's heart rate was always in the 130's-140's. I don't think it was ever recorded at anything over 142. It used to concern me because my son's was always so much quicker, but everything was and is just fine. :)

Thanks so much ladies! I'm going to stop googling! It just freaks me out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->