A bit of a blip...

anorak

Back in the Game!
Reaction score
I am having a little blip guys. I came off my pill (evil cerazette) a few weeks ago. I am OV'ing as we speak and I have been struck by the 'Oh Craps'.... I know I am 36 and this would be my first (full term) baby. I am in a bit of a panic. My life is great, my job is great, I am in a full contact sports team which I enjoy. I am upping my fitness after a year off due to a back condition, and now I am thinking crap. I am 36, time is running out. I do have a very youthful lifestyle and look quite young (I get asked for ID sometimes! :blush: ), and I am just having a big freak out to the lifestyle change.

I know I can get back into my sport after, and the job will stillbe there, but I think I am having a late 30's crisis. I do not want to miss my chance of having my own baby...I crave a child so much, both me and my OH see it on the cards, but there aint a lot of card left in my deck (if you know what I mean!?).

Any advice would be great.

I hear you. When I came off the pill before Flora we were ntnp for about 6 months. We didn't really plan it at all but I think we (I) subconsciously didn't dtd at the fertile time because I needed to get my head around it a bit. It took about 4-5 months for me to be disappointed rather than relieved when af showed up. I wasnt 100% mentally ready. We had great situation, and it would have been easy to just carry on like that. I was 30 then.

I'm pretty certain most people have doubts and fears, it's totally normal. Maybe youre just feeling overwhelmed by the decision you've just made to come off the pill. It IS scary! Its a huge step towards something that will change your life irrevocably. I've just come off mine to try for no 2, perhaps a little less scary because my life has already changed.

Anyway you sound like you really want a baby, and so I think you should just go for it. Hope the blip goes away too.

Good luck xx

Thank you Greenlady. My CM has gone into overdrive....(I think it is giving me a green light!) :happydance:

well good luck, and go get baby dancing!! x

Hello!

I am a little younger than you so it's not exactly the same, but I just wanted to say that I think it's normal to have those panics!! I certainly did, still am somewhat but I think my main panic is that I wont be able to get over the styles and muddy footpaths to walk our dogs when heavily preg and with a baby- stupid worries in the grand scheme of things really but they really upset me.
It sounds to me like you are perfectly normal, it's such a massive thing to be doing and when you are actually making the decision to do it you're always going to have big worries!
You sound as if you do really want a little one so just go for it :) It gets less scary the more used to the idea you become :)
Good luck! :) xxx

Thank you. Well, we did the deed a fair few times (a bit annoyed as last night he fell asleep downstairs haha!). I will keep you all posted! The wait begins (still gonna keep keep at it if you know what I mean ;-) )

It's taken me
until my lo has reached 3 to finally decide to have another! Before I had ds I was very active in lots of sports, it died down a lot when lo was born but now he's older I've started doing things again! I'm ttcing anothr now as at the end of the day the 1st few yrs are short, soon enough they'll be in school and you can start to do your old pastimes again... The best thing I've done is accept this and enjoy the 1st 3 yrs of lo as they are so special x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->