A few cloth questions

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Sofia and I started our cloth adventure yesterday, and so far so good. Had a teeny weeny leak today, but she'd fallen asleep over an hour before we had to head home, I didn't want to wake her so means she was in the nappy for over 3 hours.

At the moment I'm using Little Lambs, here are my questions so far, and I'm sure there'll be more...

The disposable liners, it says not to fold them, but then how do I fit them in the nappy, cut them? They're about the same size as Sofia!

Also, they crumple up when I use them, what am I doing wrong?

What is the "tongue" of the nappy? Probably a dumb q.

Is an AIO the same as a pocket?

What's the difference between liners and boosters? I put two liners in for Sofia at night.

Can I use napisan in the wash with them? I don't think these nappies will be white for long... all her poop just gets soaked straight into the fleece liner, it says online to shake it down the loo, but her poop is so liquid there's nothing to shake!

Hmm, I'm sure I had more to ask...

Oh, do you use different nappies for night and day or just put extra liners/boosters in?

Hi Ladies. Sofia and I started our cloth adventure yesterday, and so far so good. Had a teeny weeny leak today, but she'd fallen asleep over an hour before we had to head home, I didn't want to wake her so means she was in the nappy for over 3 hours.

At the moment I'm using Little Lambs, here are my questions so far, and I'm sure there'll be more...

The disposable liners, it says not to fold them, but then how do I fit them in the nappy, cut them? They're about the same size as Sofia!
yeh hun - cut em ! some liners you can fold but i would cut them if it says not to fold
Also, they crumple up when I use them, what am I doing wrong?
you just need to have a play with how you put them in as to if they crumple or not...i gave up on liners a long time ago as they were just crumpling everytime i used them and they werent catching anything anyway!!!
What is the "tongue" of the nappy? Probably a dumb q.
erm......... i would imagine its the bit that goes inbetween their legs n comes up to the tummy ?? i might be wrong tho - i'm sure someone will be able to help with this one:shrug:
Is an AIO the same as a pocket?
a pocket has a pocket for the soaker to go into so that it can be removed from the actual nappy to help dry it quicker!! an all in one is literally that and is all in one and you cant remove the soaker from it......i personally prefer pockets as the layer next to the skin is usually stay dry so bub's butt never gets too wet:thumbup:
What's the difference between liners and boosters? I put two liners in for Sofia at night.
a booster is absorbant and boosts how much the nappy can hold (pee wise) a liner protects the liner fromm poo!
Can I use napisan in the wash with them? I don't think these nappies will be white for long... all her poop just gets soaked straight into the fleece liner, it says online to shake it down the loo, but her poop is so liquid there's nothing to shake!
i use napisan in the wash every now and then to make sure everything is nice and clean, make sure you get them out on the line as much as possible in the sun as it will bleach the poo stains out!!! tho it does tend to make them a little hard so you might need to pop them in the tumble dryer to fluff them up if you have one :hugs:
as for the poo not going down the loo i have that problem too and i just use the shower on its fastest setting to blast the poo off it as much as possible as quickly as possible and it doesnt tend to stain as daisy's pooes are also super runny!!lol

Hmm, I'm sure I had more to ask...

Oh, do you use different nappies for night and day or just put extra liners/boosters in?
i have a couple of different nappies for night time but all you really need is to boost the absorbency as obviously they will be in it for longer and will be lying in one place for longer

hope this has helped hunni :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Thanks Sara! :hugs: Hmm, so which pocket nappies should I look at? There are actually lots in France but they're not brands I've heard of and they're all super expensive!

there are loads of brands to try pocket wise...

Blueberry's are fantastic and super nice looking these are more expensive and retail at around £22 ish they have a minkee (usually) outer and are available in BTP so will last till sofia is potty trained

Bum Genius are also fairly highly rated very versatile hard working nappy retailing around £15 ish and again available in BTP

Fuzzi Bunz (i personally love em) have great variety of coulour and a few girly prints!!! these retail at around £15 also and in my opinion their inserts are more absorbant than BG's!!

and another to try is Naughty Baby - these are an 'internet cheapy' and retail somewhere around£15 for 3!! with 6 inserts whicg i thing is excellent value and for the price perform very very well!!!! :thumbup:

if you are finding anything hard to get hun shipped just ask and i'll get it sent here n send it over to you :hugs:

sara

xxxx

Any reason to choose poppers over velcro?

i personally prefer poppers as you tend to be able to get more of a snug fit and if you can cross the velcro obviously you can get the nappy smaller (which is helpful if you have a teeny weenie like me !!!! and velcro tends to be a little easier and quicker to get on! but velcro sticks to other things so look out for velcro with laundry tabs!!!

poppers are better for toddlers etc as they are harder to get off by little hands!!! he he but can be a little more fiddly to get on !! they will look better for longer compared to velcro tho and wont need all the little threads that velcro always seems to find pulling out !!!:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

I agree with Sara about the poppers, think they are better in the long run! My OH prefers velcro as it is easier, but my baby is only 4 months and already undoes the velcro on her Little Lambs! So annoying!

Might just have to get one of each and see how we go!

Might just have to get one of each and see how we go!

I think that's a good idea, I bought 20 Little Lambs and thought they would be fine as I had read loads of reviews etc, turns out they are not as absorbant as I need and I think I should have bought one of each kind to start with. I like Pop Ins for night time and personally prefer All In Ones for daytime as there is less faff especially when going out. I use Bum Genius AIO Organics. I still use my Lambs when at home though.

I think all nappies fit different babies in different ways and some nappies suit some babies great and others not so much. Try a few diff ones!

:) x

I'm so excited, got 7 nappies on the way to try out!!

For a heavy wetter, which boosters work best?

I use bambo boosters hun the most esp at night as they seem to work well for us, they take longer to dry but can hold 11 hours of wee overnight with no leaks.
oooooooo which do you have on order ( nappies ) i can't wait to see pics xx

I use bambo boosters hun the most esp at night as they seem to work well for us, they take longer to dry but can hold 11 hours of wee overnight with no leaks.
oooooooo which do you have on order ( nappies ) i can't wait to see pics xx

I got 1 BB bamboo, 1 fuzzi bunz, 1 close parent pop-in, 1 BG V3 and 3 naughty baby pocket nappies.

I can't wait for them to arrive!! I had to put pampers on Fia this morning as we were going into town and from half a day her nappy rash is back, grrrr! Little Lambs are useless though for long journeys, nice and soft but not absorbent enough for the amount she wees.

oh no i hope her nappy rash is better soon !! i cant comment on LL's as i've never used them ...... cant wait to see some lovely piccies of sofia in her new fluff!!!

sara

xxxxxx

Ok, two more questions.

Do you change your babies in the night? Sofia still has feeds through the night, I used to put her in a pampers at 6pm and then change her at 5am (or 3am if she pooped, that's the pooping hour!). Tonight I have put her down in cloth.. just did the 10pm feed and she was dry so far, but she does have 2 liners and a dishcloth stuffed in her nappy!

Oh, and are there benefits of choosing sized nappies over BTP nappies? So far I've only bought BTP (apart from the LL) and just wondering if that's the right way to go..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->