a few questions.....

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
1) often after bf and randomly throughout the day my boobs have a tingling feeling that I have to massage to relieve - what is this???

2) I have 50/50 combination fed due to various issues such as very painful nipples. I want to ebf due yo ff I think my milk is not drying up but getting g less.... if I increase bf will my milk production increase?

3) my daughter feeds for about in total 1.5hrs but she is still ravenous afterwards hence ff. She delatches herself, will this stop if I increase bf and my milk increases??

That's all - thanks in advance...

I don't combi feed and I might have misunderstood some of your questions, so sorry if it isn't what you are looking for :)

1) I am not sure, but maybe your milk ducts producing the milk or your breasts getting fuller/engorged?

2)Any amount of ff will decrease your supply if you don't pump at the same time. Your body makes milk on demand and if you don't "demand" it it will not supply it. Bfing or pumping more will bring back your supply.

3)How do you know she is ravenous? A baby will most likely take a bottle even if she isn't hungry. It is much easier to get milk out of a bottle than breasts so your baby might start to prefer the bottle because it is easier. Not making enough milk is actually extremely rare in most healthy women so as long as you start to increase bfing/pumping and offer formula less often (there are actually several threads on here where people have stopped ffing completely to start exclusively bfing again, so it is very possible.) your baby should get enough from only bf/ebf eventually.

Although this isn't completely exactly what you are going through this site has lots of good advice https://theleakyboob.com/2011/12/your-guide-to-relactation/ There is also kellymom.com and the le leche legue website that offers tons of good info on breastfeeding.

good luck and hope I was a little help. :)

1) I suspect this is your let down. It's not much fun and nearly 5 months in I still find mine uncomfortable but you get used to it!

2) yes - the more baby feeds the more milk you will make.

3) if she is delatching then she's satisfied - babies will often take a bottle because it's there. See how she reacts next time she delatches if you don't offer the bottle. And feeds will get quicker - don't worry :)

Well started pumping as well as feeding her, but she has chipped down on my right nipple and caused it to crack and bleed - great eh!!
Hopefully by th extra pumping will get the milk flowing in abundance in the next few days and I can slow down the bottle.
Gonna try to not give the bottle afterwards as she does look totally satisfied and if she cries for more just offer the boob again and get the milk demand up...
Basically for the next 24hrs I want to be a milking machine. Not going anywhere tmrw so boobs can be out and proud!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->