A few random questions about cloth accessories

Lol78

Reaction score
A few random questions...

boosters... I haven't bought any yet - they seem expensive? How many would I need, do I need them for a newborn? If I do need them, how do I choose a good one? bamboo vs cotton?

Liners... I've bought some of these, but I've heard that it's often not worth using them with newborn poo - is this true?

Wipes... any opinions on cheeky wipes?

Wet bags... how many to start with and what size?

Vest extenders... should I get them?

Thank you.

Here is my opinion!
I don't have any boosters as I use Issy's and wn's with Issy inserts and they are fab so we don't need extra

Liners I have some but Jasper is 6 months now and I still haven't used them yet so I wouldn't go mad

I use spuggies reusable wipes and they are fab

Wet bag - I have one monkey foot XL instead of a bucket and it holds 3 days worth of nappies and one monkeyfoot large to go out with in the day

Hope this helps x

Boosters: I have some EasyPeasy Bamboo boosters which I really love. I don't know if you'd need them for a newborn, as chances are you'll be changing them so often that they won't out-pee anything!

Liners: I have both fleece and disposable ones. I find them great now that my LOs poos are solid (she is weaning). I didn't use cloth nappies till LO was about um... 6 weeks old (I think!). I didn't use liners back then, as her poos were very liquid so I don't know how a liner would really have helped! I would just rinse them down the loo with the shower (which is conveniently next to the toilet in our house!)

Wipes - I like Cheeky Wipes, I've used them for a long time now, and they are still going strong :thumbup: One of the members on here makes the Spuggies Wipes which Retromum mentioned, and they're meant to be very good as well. She can do you a kit too, like Cheeky Wipes do :thumbup:

Wetbags - I have a Cushie Tushie one, which I really like :D It's big enough for several nappies, and I like its little "popper on" bag for my clean wipes. Keeps everything together!

Vest extenders - I've never used yet, but I can see them being useful. I suppose it could depend on your baby's size. My LO is dinky, so vests tend to be too big on her anyway! I could see me needing some in winter when I maybe start putting vests on her more. In the summer I've just had her in a nappy, T-shirt, and babylegs if it's colder :)

boosters... most nappies will come with everything you need. boosters really are for if your LO is a heavy wetter and the standard just isn't enough.

Liners... I've always used a fleece liner in the nappy, not just to catch poop but to act as a stay dry barrier between the baby and the wetness.

Wipes... i use pop in bamboo wipes, they're really absorbent and have a good texture for wiping poop (i found fleece didn't clean poop very well as it's smooth)

Wet bags...each manufacturers sizing for wet bags is different i have a med pop in one which cost about £4 it holds about 8 nappies. but i hate the pull tie so i'm getting an itti bitti wetbag that has a zip which is said to hold 4 of their own brand nappies.

Vest extenders...Q is on 50% percentile and i've never needed them, we were still using 3-6 month vests as nearly 8 months. so i guess it depends on where you buy clothes as some places are more generously sized than others.

Boosters... whether or not you need them depends on the nappy system you're using. Some nappies won't need extra boosters, some will but not at the newborn stage, some (like Bum Genius V3/4) come with newborn inserts, which can be used as a booster later, or you might find you need something more heavy-duty then. I use Little Lamb bamboo boosters and Easy Peasy hemp, as they are both more absorbant than cotton or microfibre.

Liners... No, not much use against newborn poo, especially the flushable ones, which tend to bunch up, but the fleece ones will keep LO feeling dry, so I did use them. :) Flushable wipes come into their own later, when weaning.

Wipes... Cheeky Wipes, no idea. I made my own from towelling and fleece, and then bought some Wee Notions velour and towelling ones, and tbh I am not a fan of the Wee Notions ones, they are far too small to be of any use. I made my wipes really big and they're great. I think it's what you're used to though, if you start with smaller wipes you'd probably find my bigger ones far too bulky.

Wet bags... I don't have one, never needed one. I just fold dirty nappies up and pop them in the changing bag. and I use disposable wipes when out and about.

Vest extenders... I found I needed them, but you could just keep LO in the next size of vest if it's an issue. It might not be, you never know, your nappy system might be trim enough not to need them, your LO might be diddy - etc.

Boosters - I have some plain old bamboo hourglass ones but hardly use them now. I only used them to boost Imis fitteds at night as she was such a heavy wetter. Now she doesn't wet much at night we don't bother :) Def not expensive - about £1.50 each i think.

Liners - tried a disposable one once and it was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard! Have used fleece ones ever since, although again only in fitteds. This is more to keep her bum dry than for poop catching reasons! I got 20 little lamb ones for £3 in our nappy shop.

Wipes - i have wee notions ones which i love as they have a bamboo velour on one side and fleece on the other. I also have some homemade fleece ones which are def not as good at removing poo :)

Wet Bag - I only have 1, a cushie tushie one :) I love it as it hangs on the buggy handle and is a pretty colour :D I will be looking at getting a wee be gone changing bag soon though (they are released soon in the UK).

Vest extenders - never used them but as Imi was so chunky we were always a couple of sizes bigger in vests anyway x

Liners... I've bought some of these, but I've heard that it's often not worth using them with newborn poo - is this true?
We used cloth from 4 months old and untill weaning we didnt really
bother with liners. Now we use mostly fleece with some disposable.

Wipes... any opinions on cheeky wipes?
Weve used cheeky wipes since he was born and i really love them! Alot of people rate Spuggies aswell, i just prefer terry towling wipes as for me they seem to grab more in a wipe.

Wet bags... how many to start with and what size?
We use a cushie tushie one and i find it big enough, i love the poppered on wipes bag aswell.

Vest extenders... should I get them?
Weve never bothered with them. Just bought bigger sized vests instead.

Boosters - Travis is 10 weeks old & we dont need boosters yet (might do in the future tho!)

Liners - I bought some cute fleece-sheep ones from ebay- but i just use them for keeping T's bum dry (i didnt believe they would till i tried them: honestly, u take the nappy off & its soaking, but the fleece is still lovely and dry!). Mine are hourglass shaped, which i thouht was best at the time, but now ive used them, i reckon rectangular ones would have been better.

Wipes - I have weenotions ones (they match my sheep wipes!) they have fleece on 1 side & velour on the other. Now ive used them, i think the velour side is much better than the fleece & if buying again, id prob go for velour on both sides.

Wet Bag - I dont have 1, the bottom compartment of my changing bag is lined in pul, so i just pop my nappies in there & give it a wipe when its been used.

Vest extenders - Havent used them, but i am intrigued. T is on the 25th centile for weight, and the 91st for length: so he's a bit lanky! Ive found that if i buy the correct size for his length, its too big for his body, but his fluffy bum fills it out a bit! So it all evens out!

boosters... i made my own out of bamboo which are fab!
Liners... once again i made my own out of a fleece blanket
Wipes... i made my own with fleece one side and bamboo the other
Wet bags... ive made my own again!! I have a small one which holds 1 nappy for if is a short trip or i use it for wipes for a long trip and i have a big one that holds 5/6 nappies. I also have a cotton bottoms drawstring one which is ok but i dont use it!!
Vest extenders... never used them and i dont use vests now so wont use them in future either

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->