A few steps backward. :-(

Srrme

Reaction score
My LO was put back on CPAP today after being off for a couple days. :cry: He was having a lot of brady and desats last night. They're also doing a blood transfusion today because he's a bit anemic and have taken him off feeds for a little bit. :nope:

:cry:

its ok in the NICU this is normal, his desats and brady's can be related to his low henmoglobin after he has the transfusions he will probably be off cpac again, in our NICU my LO was on and off cpac a total of 5 times

Hopefully the blood transfusion works for your lo.

They always stop food as a precaution incase of infection.

Keep us updated. :hugs:

the transfusion should give your LO some energy :)

Thanks you guys. :hugs: Elias is doing much better today, and was taken back off of CPAP. :cloud9:

Anna had to go back on the ventilator twice and she had 3 transfusions in her first 6.5 weeks in intensive care and one more after that in HDU. All the transfusion means is that the baby is not growing enough blood cells (I forger which ones) and the haemoglobin is low. They need this for energy. This is normal in premie babies they struggle to increase haemoglobin levels on their own sometimes. The transfusion gives them more energy. LO was taken off the ventilator or increased oxygen almost immediately after her transfusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->