A formal apology from Racheldigger

Racheldigger

Rowan Aeshna born 22/3/09
Reaction score
I don't get on the internet much, and this is the first time I've called in since the first three posts were made on my thread concerning my broody husband. If it weren't for CocoKitten's subsequent comments thread, now also closed, I would never have found out what happened to it; nor have I read anything else that was posted there. However, it's clearly caused a great deal of controversy and bad feeling, and that was certainly never my intention: I thought I was asking a fairly simple question.

Let me set the record straight and justify myself, if I can. I do appreciate that any mention or discussion of abortion is upsetting to some people, particularly those who have lost babies through no choice of their own, and I have always done my best to tiptoe round people's feelings on this subject. However, this is no longer the 1950s:I do not believe that I carry the Mark of Cain because I myself have had one, nor do I believe that I should lie about the choices I have made, and I do not feel that I should ask for advice while concealing part of the situation that I'm in, nor refrain from asking for advice altogether because my situation is 'unmentionable'. I thought long and hard before explaining the whole of my situation, but decided in the end that it would be unfair and unreasonable to be less than forthright.

I have greatly appreciated being a Baby and Bump member, and would be very disappointed to miss out on the advice and information constantly circulating here. However, if the moderators or members feel that I am no longer welcome, I will leave. Please let me know, and please let this thread stand for some time, as I may not be able to get back to it for several days.

Yours faithfully,
Racheldigger.

Oh, and CocoKitten, please don't get yourself into any more trouble on my account. I'm old enough (43 today) and ugly enough to look after myself...

Of course you are welcome on the forum. Closing the thread was never anything against you :hugs:, it was closed per forum rules and policies as it was becoming a discussion on abortion. The only reason this topic is not allowed on forum is because of the nature of the forum. The large majority of people here are pregnant or want to be pregnant. We also have members who have suffered losses, and this topic is very raw for a lot of them.

this thread can stay here and open as long as it doesn't become a discussion on why or why not BnB should allow the discussion of abortion :flower:

:hugs: nice to see you back rachel, please don't feel you can't be a part of the forum :hugs: x

I agree... I did post in the threads created, but I never once meant that you shouldn't be on this site. I understand what you did and am not personally judging you at all. I think you should be able to get advice, but clearly this isn't the place where it will happen and it's good that you understand that :hugs:

Don't leave hun... you are very much welcome here. I just didn't want anyone else's feelings hurt or to feel upset.

it had nothing to do with me the reason your thread closed.

The reason my thread closed was because of me but not yours :s

I read your thread (after it was closed) and simply read it as the subject matter of your OH being broody. You mentioned lots of factors, so I understand you didn't intentionally start all this. I think was good of you to apologise here and hope you stick around. x x

Rachel, I have only just joined this forum and feel that while I understand why debates on terminations are not helpful as we all have our own views on it, I do not see why it being included as a statement of fact has to be avoided.

Personally I agree with your actions but I understand others would not. However, you have broken no law and as you rightly say - we are not living in the 1950s.

I am disappointed the thread was locked.

Cocokitten I don't think she meant her thread was closed because of you hun :hugs: I think she was saying your thread was started because of her thread...and your thread got closed. So if you started your thread to try and stick up for her then although it was nice she'd rather you didn't get into trouble....
If that makes sense? That's how I interpreted it anyway :flower:

Rachel, I have only just joined this forum and feel that while I understand why debates on terminations are not helpful as we all have our own views on it, I do not see why it being included as a statement of fact has to be avoided.

Personally I agree with your actions but I understand others would not. However, you have broken no law and as you rightly say - we are not living in the 1950s.

I am disappointed the thread was locked.

It's not allowed for discussion on BnB because the primary focus of the forum is a family one....with people TTC, WTT, Pregnant etc.

We're not saying anything against those who do choose to have a termination, but asking that it not be discussed out of respect for the large majority of the members who are pregnant or wanting to be pregnant or who have suffered a loss

As I said earlier this thread will be closed if it turns into a debate over whether BnB should allow discussion of abortion

Cocokitten I don't think she meant her thread was closed because of you hun :hugs: I think she was saying your thread was started because of her thread...and your thread got closed. So if you started your thread to try and stick up for her then although it was nice she'd rather you didn't get into trouble....
If that makes sense? That's how I interpreted it anyway :flower:

ah thanks, that does make sense! :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"