A good horror?

hexyewdancer

Mummy to Roman
Reaction score
My husband loves horror. Im not too keen. It's his birthday next month and i want to get him loads of horror films but because i dont have a clue which ones are any good i thought i would ask for people's opinions.

Anyone want to recommend anything?

Really depends on what type of horror he likes.

My favourites are 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later, they are zombie films.

Dawn on the Dead (the new remake) is also really good.

Lots of people like the Saw series of films, they are good.

I watched a film called Quarantine recently which I thought was really scary.

My hubby watched Eden Lake, he said that was gory but good.

Also of course the good old Freddy films still freak the hell out of me!

I just woke up (it's 6 here) because I had a The Ring-related dream AGAIN, about a decade since I watched the stupid thing.

If he's seen the American version and wasn't craping himself enough (or at all), check out Ringu, the Japanese version. They have a certain way of scaring people through film.:nope:

I used to be able to watch horror ANYTHING, then for some reason, that one got under my skin and stayed there. I don't watch horror anymore. The closest I get is Ghost Hunters on Sci-fi.:dohh:

Things like The Ring and The Grudge freak me out completely. I thought 1408 was pretty good, not gory but very creepy!

Cheers girls. Have just come across the ring on play.com so might check out the trailer.

DH loves horror. He recommends:

The Devil's Rejects
Hostel
Quarantine
Martyrs
The Children
Eden Lake

I LOVED the Devil's Rejects! (and the house of 1000 corpses). Then again, I just like Zombie in general... especially the music.

Hey hun i watched a film the other day called 100 feet that was pretty good.x

It's a really really old one but has he seen The Changeling? It's not really really a horror but mostly a ghost story/creepy one but really good.

Does he like any old Stephen King movies? If so I thought Pet Cemetery was good and Needful Things, or The Shining.

Also I agree with 28 Days Later, really liked that movie. I used to love horror movies however, most recent ones I've watched are pretty crappy. It's almost like it's just a contest to see who can have the most blood without actually being a decent horror.

The Devil's Rejects
Hostel
Quarantine
Martyrs
The Children
Eden Lake

The children is well creepy! It's got Dawn from Eastenders sister in it, and the kids just go all psycho.

The Devil's Rejects
Hostel
Quarantine
Martyrs
The Children
Eden Lake

The children is well creepy! It's got Dawn from Eastenders sister in it, and the kids just go all psycho.

DH says he hasn't seen it yet! :dohh: He says he really wants to. I hate horror. 9 times out of 10 I find it ridiculous and that one time it scares the hell out of me but I hate being scared so I won't watch it!

As already said depends on the type of horror he likes. The Orphanage is good but is in spanish with subtitles, 30days of night is another good one and hills have eyes, will go through the DVD collection and see what else I would recommend

I laughed all the way through 30 Days Of Night because I couldn't believe that by the time half the movie was over they still couldn't figure out that they were vampires attacking them..."what are those things???" Hmmm ok!

I laughed all the way through 30 Days Of Night because I couldn't believe that by the time half the movie was over they still couldn't figure out that they were vampires attacking them..."what are those things???" Hmmm ok!

I saw that and couldn't see a way the entire scenario could be possible in evolutionary and social terms! I hate things that are entirely devoid of plausibility! :rofl:

I don't usually rate remakes but I have to admit they did a good job with Friday 13th remake

Children of the Corn!!

I am not into Saw, and I haven't seen Hostel.. :sick:

Gothika is creepy but good..

I liked 30 Days of Night. Plus for you, Josh Hartnett is delicious. lol.. I don't care if things aren't realistic, it is what it is, and it was entertaining :)

I tell you what me may like, there was a tv series a little while ago called Masters of Horror, they were small 1 hour films made by some of the top directors in the Horror genre, i think there are 5 boxsets to collect, each one having 6/7 films in them, about £20 each

Love them!!

Tasha i always called children of the corn, corn on the cob children :rofl:

:rofl: haha that's cute!!

To the OP.. I also like The Omen.

I watched another really good one a couple years ago and the title escapes me lol.. I remember I rented it along with Session 9.. I'll tell you if I remember :dohh:

Haunting in Conneticut is based on true events.. they do embellish it but it somewhat sticks to the real story..

I like The Audition.. it's Japanese.. White Noise isn't very good but scared the pants off me when I first watched it, lol.

Not really horror but good classic, Poltergeist!!

Dog soldiers is a brilliant british classic- watched it again on five last night. Severence is another good one (and Danny Dyer is yummy) also Identity is good, not really a horror but still brilliant. Oh and 1408

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->