A grandfather at 29 ...

MissMummyMoo

Family Complete <3
Reaction score
Is it true that you follow in the footsteps of your parents. This guy was 14 when he had his daughter ... she is now 15 and just had her first baby. Both were teenage parents ... does this mean her daughter will have a baby young too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Davies-granddad-29-Kelly-John-granny-30.html

My mum was 17 when she had me, she wasn't a 'doler' as she worked in a sewing factory and my dad ran his own business. I was 18 when I had Caitlin, I was at college and hubby had a proper job ... is Caitlin destined to have a baby young too or is it the way you bring them up?

I did a poll in GS this week about people having children at a similar age to thier mothers it was pretty 50/50 for having a similar age to have a huge difference

I think there is a huge range now people can be just as likely to be mothers in thier late 30's as they are to be grandmothers

I think the overwhelmingly biggest way in which children learn what is or is not acceptable is by our examples. So yes we are showing them that it's not unacceptable to have a baby that young. That doesn't mean they definitely will though, or are somehow 'destined' to. It probably increases the likelihood that they will (no idea about the stats). It will depend on many other factors though - not least the sort of crowd they hang about with once they get to their teens. The best we can do is be open and honest with our kids so that they know how it all works as it were. And we must realise that teenagers will have sex. Pretending otherwise is the exact wilful ignorance that means they know nothing about how to prevent pregnancy (not to mention STDs)...

:flower:

Link
https://www.babyandbump.com/girly-sanctuary/684273-did-you-have-your-baby-similar-age-your-mum.html

This story even made the news over here!

It's crazy isn't it?! Both my Nanna and my Mum married and had babies relatively young (I think Nanna was 19 when she had her first and my mum was 21) I always wanted to have babies while I was young because I loved the fact that my mum and Nanna were so young and youthful compared to some of my friends.

I think it does have a lot to do with how you are raised. Not always, but often

I read this in the paper yesterday.

What i find more shocking is the fact they called the papers and told them, like it was something to brag about.

Maybe be the only person thinking it but i think its shocking.

V xxx

I think it has very much to how you bring your child up. My mom was a I guess you could call a bad girl when she was younger. And she got married for to her first husband when she was 17 and had her first baby when she was 18. She made a lot of mistakes. She is now married to my dad and has since straightened up and raised me and my 2 brothers well and all of us waited to have kids till a much later age. She enforced into us of how difficult it really was and none of us every had sex till we were married. It is how we grew up that we didn't have kids at a younger age like she did. So under this example is where I find my reasoning that it doesn't mean you are destined to have kid at younger age if parents did, it is all about how you raise your kids.

I think it has very much to how you bring your child up. My mom was a I guess you could call a bad girl when she was younger. And she got married for to her first husband when she was 17 and had her first baby when she was 18. She made a lot of mistakes. She is now married to my dad and has since straightened up and raised me and my 2 brothers well and all of us waited to have kids till a much later age. She enforced into us of how difficult it really was and none of us every had sex till we were married. It is how we grew up that we didn't have kids at a younger age like she did. So under this example is where I find my reasoning that it doesn't mean you are destined to have kid at younger age if parents did, it is all about how you raise your kids.

I used to believe this, but hormones do take over. I was taught to believe premarital sex is wrong, and even when I did finally do it, I still believed that. But I was a horny teenager and temptation won. We did use protection; however. My parents did a great job with me, and I can't blame my lust on them in any way. That being said, you are absolutely correct that parents still ought to be setting a good example for their children and educating them. Beyond that, it's out of their control.

I used to believe this, but hormones do take over. I was taught to believe premarital sex is wrong, and even when I did finally do it, I still believed that. But I was a horny teenager and temptation won. We did use protection; however. My parents did a great job with me, and I can't blame my lust on them in any way. That being said, you are absolutely correct that parents still ought to be setting a good example for their children and educating them. Beyond that, it's out of their control.

I also agree. I was brought up well in a average middle class family. I had a baby at 16.

I think your environment is a big part of who you become as thats who your influenced by and how much of it rubs of you depends on how much you'll become like your parents, my mum had my sister at 26 and me at 30 and I had my son at 19, having said that I would say that circumstances wise I have followed my mum because I waited until I was engaged to move out and was married before I gave birth and were financially stable like my parents did, I feel very lucky that I've been able to have a good upbringing in a wealthy family and I would want the same for my children.

I think its very worrying that they thought it was something to show off about to be a grandparent at 29 I feel deeply sad for the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->