A hello and some questions :)

LittleBoo

Intactivist Mummy!
Reaction score
Why hello there! I've very recently got a few faint positives, daren't believe it fully just yet, but if it's true, then I'll be joining you lovely people in here :)

I've a couple of questions; I've already made up my mind to have a home birth, in a pool, with music and family around. I've had one previous c-section, a hospital vaginal birth, and now I'm planning to stick this one out at home! First things first, who do I inform of my decision, and when? Secondly, I've been looking at two different birthing pools (though open to suggestions for others!) and am having trouble deciding. One is the eco regular birthpoolinabox, the second is la bassine. I'm leaning more toward poolinabox, mainly because the pool looks prettier :3 have any of you used these pools? If so, what would you recommend? Are there any other brand you'd recommend instead?

Lastly, I'm wondering if there's any groups, or events, in the UK in the next 8 months? Home birthing in general, or waterbirthers, hypnobirthing, that kind of thing :)

Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks for reading! Xx

Congratulations!! :D

I told my MW at my booking in appt :) (if they give you any bother about it, it's the Supervisor of Midwives you need to speak to :) )

I used the La Bassine, I loved the size and how easy and quick it was to inflate and set up :)

(Edit to add: this is assuming you are in the UK!)

I called my home birth team directly and I won't see any others as the community midwife was reluctant to transfer Me over last time and as a result was late to see my midwife and didn't get the relationships built up which o think contributed to me being left alone and dh taking me to hospital.
Xx

Thank you ladies :) I've an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for an unrelated thing so I'm going to take a sample of urine for him to test (quicker than making a separate appointment) and get the ball rolling. If he has time I'll discuss my wishes for a home birth and see if he has any info on local groups, if not I'll just talk to the midwife when I see her :) X

check and see if there is a positive birth group in your area :)

I used a la bassine pool (which I'm selling, if you're interested :haha:) and it was great - no complaints :) I ended up having to transfer to hospital but I did labour in the pool at home until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->