• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A letter to my daughter...

Princesskell

Love my 2 babies
Reaction score
Dear Freya Grace,
I never intended to feed you. As soon as I was pregnant I knew I couldn't. I was terrified of everything it entailed and refused to talk about it with anyone. It made me feel panicky, sick and shaky and although i knew what i felt wasnt normal, i couldnt help it. I bought all the bottles and all the formula and was happy that it was the right decision.
Daddy tried to give you your first bottle in the hospital right beside me, but you didn't seem to be hungry yet. When it was just you and me alone in the hospital I tried again, but you still didn't seem bothered. The nurses were worried that you hadn't had any milk yet but you seemed happy.
In the middle of the night we stared at each other and I couldn't believe you were here. Everything had changed and yet I had known you forever. I knew I would do anything for you and I decided to give feeding a go. When I told daddy I had tried he was so proud of me it made me cry, but I still planned to give you a bottle when we got home.
The first afternoon at home, I prepared the bottle and held you close, but I will never forget the look on your face when I tried to put it in your mouth. Your tiny beautiful face was full of confusion and hurt as if you were saying 'Mummy what are you doing?'. I couldn't stop crying, but I knew I had to continue feeding you myself.
We were blessed to have an easy journey. After the first painful week, you fed perfectly and grew long and lean.
I was always prudish, but after discovering my amazing feeding apron, I fed you everywhere from in the car and on a plane, to Costa and Pizza Express!
I always enjoyed our special times, although sometimes I watched tv or went on bnb on my iPad as you fed, most of the time I just watched you and talked to you. Often I selfishly hid away with you, looking forward to spending precious time just me and you.
You were never a cuddly baby, but feeding you gave me those wonderful hours of snuggles I will treasure forever. I remember the day you first reached up to grab my hair and the feed you couldn't stop giggling at my funny faces. I remember the months of bedtime feeds where you fell asleep feeding and I held you in my arms afterwards not wanting to put you in your cot.
My miracle,I not only made you, but my milk provided you sole nourishment for the first 17 weeks of your life, and continued when you started having solids responsible for you growing strong and healthy...my big girl.
And now this journey is over, at just over 15 months we have shared our last feed. I ache all over for you, sad that this special relationship is finished but so proud of what we achieved. I hope you still need me, I hope I can still comfort you the same.
This isn't something I can share with anyone in real life, still something I'm not really comfortable sharing and it's sad that it's something I will probably never share with you. In a couple of weeks you will have no memories of the last 15 months at all and that makes me cry. But I will remember.
I don't want to come across as smug. I am grateful every single minute for being able to feed you and if I had done it any other way I would be no different a mother, but I am proud of us, I'm proud of me and what I've achieved.
For others like me who are scared or unsure, I would never preach or say 'just try it', life will happen and your baby and your body will often dictate your path.
To my Sprout, I love you and always will. Tomorrow as you drink from your sippy cup, I will shed a tear but know I would never ever wish anything had been different xxx

This is beautiful.....brought a tear to my eye. It really is such a special experience and I can't imagine how sad it must be when it ends. xxxx

Beautiful. I hope that one day, maybe when your daughter becomes a mother herself you will be able to share this with her.

Beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes. I have a 2 week old daughter that Im struggling to breastfeed. I hope we make it!

Made me tear up too!! I wanted to bf but wasn't sure I could do it and stick to it. I'm very proud now to be almost 4 months in and this made me so sad to think about when my own bf journey will come to an end with my LO. I did exactly as you described tonight... Held him sleeping in my arms and wished I could stay like that all night so I wouldn't have to put him down. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful story with us!!

So beautiful, brought tears to my eyes too. <3

Aww that is absolutely lovely. Also bought a tear to my eye. Breastfeeding is the most amazing experience. It was incredibly tough for me for the first few weeks too, but my goodness, I'm so glad I stuck with it. I'd support any friend to the earth and back to get through those early weeks xxx

Gorgeous. It made me cry because I'm only just shy of 2 months in & after a difficult beginning I'm already thinking with sadbess about the day I have to stop breastfeeding my baby girl. I already do the whole 'sneaking off for a feed' thing. And when OH wants to take her after a feed to change her nappy I'm like 'oh wait, i don't think she's finished, let me try her again' & then i get another 10 minutes of snuggles lol. I find breastfeeding so addictive. Thanks for the lovely post xxx

This really hit home for me. I struggled and failed to BF my first and then with my second it just worked.. I spent 20 amazing months BF'ing him till my hormones of this pregnancy caused me an aversion and I still mourn the loss of that BF'ing bond but he still needs me so it eases a little when I have a sleeping babe in my arms totally content. Great post hun.

This is beautiful and made me tear up at my desk at work :hugs:

I am dreading the day my baby girl and I stop feeding :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back