A little bit of hope

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
For those ladies like me who are the wrong side of 30 and are TTC, I went to have a smear test yesterday and the practice nurse told me of her friend who had her first baby without intervention at 50! She went on to have another at 51.

I hope that this may give some of you some hope.

xxxx

For those ladies like me who are the wrong side of 30 and are TTC, I went to have a smear test yesterday and the practice nurse told me of her friend who had her first baby without intervention at 50! She went on to have another at 51.

I hope that this may give some of you some hope.

xxxx

Wow that's amazing ,thanks for sharing :hugs:

Cor thanks Rumpskin. That means I could still have time to produce a basketball team! 50! Amazing!:happydance:

That's lovely news. Was it from a donor egg? I know natural births at that age do happen, but they are rare.

some people get lucky, good for them

Great post and story.
It's nice to hear positive stories of older women.
I hope she has some support though!!
I am 38 and think I'll need it LOL
Thank you for posting.

Well, possible... but likely? We would have started trying earlier if we had known about the fertility statistics past 35. I think I spent too much time hearing (and believing) stories of celebrities and "someone who knew someone" getting pregnant in their late 30s and 40s. And here I am, at 37 y.o. on cycle #35 TTC #1. :dohh:

(Sorry to be that skeptical person! Feel free to ignore me.)

PiggieFarmer, I hear you sister!:flower:

piggie, I agree with you. in my 20 I was sure I was going to start TTC in my 40 after I have succeeded in everything else obviously hearing all these stories how successful people get it all: careers first and babies later. I do not even look my age so was sure I was on the right track and here I am two years of TTC later and being struck with male infertility issues. While my poor hubby is trying to improve his swimmers my eggs are just getting older... while there is some truth in it for most people getting pregnant after 35 is hard work and for some not event an option anymore. I am happy for people who succeed but it does not really give me any hope. I like stories where people had certain difficulties in getting pregnant and then managed to overcome them by using certain diet/lifestyle changes/therapies etc and they share their findings. now this kind of stories fill me with hope and make me want to live again

i know what u mean briss. i am almost 34.. started trying when i was 31 but no luck... i guess people who get pregnant with ease are just plain lucky... hoping we get our BFP's soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->