A little discouraged....

DanyB

Reaction score
I've seen the same response on message boards all the way to google to yahoo etc...

It seems an overwhelming number of first time pregnancies ended in mc. That scares the ever loving life out of me. :-( This is our first baby we are currently TTC. I don't want to be paranoid when I get my first Bfp. I want to feel excited.

Anyone go full term their first pregnancy?

I suppose I just need to puff up my chest and take whatever happens and keep moving... Hmm

I understand exactly what you mean. It does scare me too. But I try to console myself with the fact that most miscarriages, except in the event of some sort of traumatic accident, do result from some sort of abnormality that means that the baby wouldn't have been able to survive no matter what you did. And many of those losses occur in the first 4 weeks before most of us even know we are pregnant unless we test really early. Most first pregnancies still go to term and are healthy. That is in no way meant to diminish the pain that those with angel babies have gone through or to say that it's not a 'real' loss, because of course it is. But I want my child to have the best possible healthy start in life, and I know that will happen when it's meant to. That baby will come when it's ready and if, god forbid, we experience a loss, then I know that our baby wasn't ready yet and will come again when we are. I am trying to this of it as less of a potential loss than a 'I'll be back in a little bit'. This is the healthiest way - for me - that I've been able to deal with my worries about it.

Are you still in your 1st cycle? I've just started my 2nd TTC #1 so we're kinda in the same boat together.

I understand exactly what you mean. It does scare me too. But I try to console myself with the fact that most miscarriages, except in the event of some sort of traumatic accident, do result from some sort of abnormality that means that the baby wouldn't have been able to survive no matter what you did. And many of those losses occur in the first 4 weeks before most of us even know we are pregnant unless we test really early. Most first pregnancies still go to term and are healthy. That is in no way meant to diminish the pain that those with angel babies have gone through or to say that it's not a 'real' loss, because of course it is. But I want my child to have the best possible healthy start in life, and I know that will happen when it's meant to. That baby will come when it's ready and if, god forbid, we experience a loss, then I know that our baby wasn't ready yet and will come again when we are. I am trying to this of it as less of a potential loss than a 'I'll be back in a little bit'. This is the healthiest way - for me - that I've been able to deal with my worries about it.

Are you still in your 1st cycle? I've just started my 2nd TTC #1 so we're kinda in the same boat together.

Hey! This is my 2nd cycle now. AF due at the end of June. What about you?

I'm on CD10 so coming up on my fertile time next week. AF if she shows up would be due around June 20th. Sounds like we are definitely about the same places in our cycles!

My first child resulted in a healthy birth and I was only 16 years old. My mom had a MC with baby #8, so it isn't anymore likely to happen on the first or any other. Don't be so worried! I placed the child for adoption. I am now 31 and TTC for 2 months now. I want to TRY and my husband wants to let nature take its course. I'm not too happy right now lol!

Hi there im currently 16 weeks so i havent gotten to full term yet but i thought you might like to see this in one of the other forums. I believe it was Wobbles one of the Admins who posted it but its essentially everything you need to know about mc

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/miscarriage-support/673-miscarriage-facts-myths.html

Please give it a read, it gave me some comfort i was very afraid of what i call the "12 week wait"

:hugs:
Wish you all the best!

I got pregnant at 20 and I got very excited. I carried my daughter for 40 weeks and 4 days. She's very healthy. I hope that for you when you get your BFP. Just be excited, don't stress out. Good luck hun! :D

I believe the statistics are about 1 in 4- so definately more people got to full term hun...It's a worrying time for anyone- but i think that's the test of becoming a mum....you will worry everyday from the moment you know your pregnant- until the day you eventually take your last breath!

But my word how i look forward to all the fun and joy they will bring inbetween :dance: :)

Enjoy your pregnancy, try not to think of the what if's x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->