A little help from you experts me thinks...

mommyjill

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick version of my story ( sorry for those already heard it -lol)

Age 36, TTC #3 DD 13yo DS 7yo ( both conceived first month off BCP )
Ok took last pill in pack on 8th Feb this year

had withdrawal bleed 10th - 15th Feb ( all as usual)

Lots of BDing but no idea when/if ovulated

Af appeared 8th March

So am i right in thinking that ( this time anyway - may change erratically next time) If you pencil in 10th feb as CD1 that 7th March was CD26 and then 8th march starts my first proper cycle as CD1 ( first day of af)

Now if this is correct..... Thats a big if as i know my body will still be getting organised........ when do i start using my ovulation sticks etc and when should i be BDing?????????????

Hi Mommyjill. Provided this was full on bleed and not just spotting then Yep 8th was CD1. If you don't really know you're cycle well ie which day you O I would for the first cycle start using the opk's around CD7 (just in case you are an early Ovulator - hopefully you won't be though) and you'll get a positive around CD13 - CD16. Use the sticks once a day but not with FMU best to use them a little later in the day and ideally with more concentrated urine. Remember though that the test will only show when you get an LH rise so it won't necessarily be positive on the actual day of O, though you could O that day or within the next 2. If you want to pin point O day for certain then the only way you can do it at home is by charting. If you chart your temps you will get a substantial rise on the day after O. Good luck, hope you have a quick success. :flower:

Sorry to butt into your thread, but I was reading your response, Nise and now I'm more hopeful!!

So, I got really obsessed with the OPKs the past few days and I've been using them morning and afternoon. Then yesterday my line was darker so I did it a couple more times during the day. I should STOP this then??

AND, even though my line wasn't completely dark (ie "positive") that doesn't mean that I didn't or won't O??? The reason I ask is that today is CD 14. I was really surprised to see that darker line yesterday thinking that today or tomorrow would be my actual O, and then today the line was lighter so I thought I must have missed it.

Am I grasping, or I could I still O? I started temping this morning, so maybe tomorrow's temp will tell me something more.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Hi Mommyjill. Provided this was full on bleed and not just spotting then Yep 8th was CD1. If you don't really know you're cycle well ie which day you O I would for the first cycle start using the opk's around CD7 (just in case you are an early Ovulator - hopefully you won't be though) and you'll get a positive around CD13 - CD16. Use the sticks once a day but not with FMU best to use them a little later in the day and ideally with more concentrated urine. Remember though that the test will only show when you get an LH rise so it won't necessarily be positive on the actual day of O, though you could O that day or within the next 2. If you want to pin point O day for certain then the only way you can do it at home is by charting. If you chart your temps you will get a substantial rise on the day after O. Good luck, hope you have a quick success. :flower:

Hi Nise,

Yes full on bleed - still going now. Same really as my w/d bleeds on the pill not heavier or sore (so far) which is what i was afraid of.
I have got some sticks at the ready.
So is it a bad thing to O early? Sorry im new to all this trying as been so so lucky in past.

Hey Shelley - It sounds like you possibly caught the peak on it's way up and today on it's way down if you haven't O'd already then you probably will in the next day or so - Funnily enough, I've found I often get my positive late at night. I tend to do 2 sticks a day when I know I am close to O time and often I've done one at around 2pm that has been neg and one about 1030 pm that has been positive. I'm definitely a night owl! if you only just started temping you might not get much benefit from it this cycle as you need to have a few pre O temps at least in place in order to see the rise. But worth a go. I would maybe just continue dtd if you can every other day for a few more days. Cover the bases and it won't matter what the sticks say. I hate the line sticks, drives you crazy trying to work out if the line is really dark enough. I tend to use the Clear Blue smiley face ones, there's no room for doubt you either have an empty circle or one with a smiley face in it. I know they're a bit more expensive but if you get them on Amazon they are significantly cheaper than in the stores.

Mommyjill - A lot of Doctors and FS will tell you that O'ing before CD12 is not the best as the eggs are prone to being immature. Having said that though I have seen many a pg chart showing a CD10 ovulation day so who really knows. I tend to O anywhere between CD10 - 13. It is becoming my life long ambition to make it to CD 14 :rofl:

Good luck to you both.
Good luck :flower:

Thanks Nise :thumbup:

I spose will just have to wait and see - dont know if i ovulate at all yet so this is a learning process for me:shrug:

Thank you Nise. We've tried to BD three times in the past couple of days, but didn't get it done until this afternoon. LOL

My only hope is that I didn't actually O on Wednesday and maybe it was Thurs, or better yet yesterday. Then, maybe there's a chance we caught it today.

If not, I'll still be happy if I see AF soon b/c that will mean that I'm having a normal cycle again for the first time in 6 mos since quitting BCPs. So, either way I'll be ok this time around. After that? All bets are OFF!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->