A Question About Prometrium...

Gohan3117

TTC #1 After 2 MC's
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a real quick question.

My doctor prescribed me Prometrium for low progesterone, and I'm supposed to take it CD 14-30. I usually have 34-37 day cycles, so will the Prometrium regulate me to a 30 day cycle? I was just curious, as DH and I are officially TTC this cycle, and I want to know what to set my ticker at. :haha:

Today is CD1, by the way. So I'm not in the TWW, but it seems like I always get fast responses here. I hope that's okay, Admins. :thumbup:

Anyway, any info would be helpful. :kiss:

For me, I had to take it 18 days post ov, and it held off my period until I stopped the meds.
How high is your dose?
I'm not sure if it will do anything to regulate your cycle, but I supposed the rapid decline once you atop could trigger your period to start. They told me 2 to 5 days after stopping, you should get your period

Oh okay then! I should still have my 34 day cycle then. If it's 2-5 days after stopping the pills, that'd make me CD32-35. Thanks for the info, ladies!

I used to have 28/29-day cycles with a short 8-day luteal phase (ovulating on day 20/21). Got put on progesterone to help increase my cycle... and it worked first try! Ended up with a 35-day cycle (ovulating on day 21 plus a 14-day LP).

My period began the very next day after not taking progesterone on 14dpo. So don't be too sure you'll have a 2-5 day wait :)

Also if you're TTC, keep in mind that progesterone may do funny things with your cycle for the next month. As an example, I had a 14-day LP instead of my usual 8, and I found that the following cycle I ovulated on day 13! Had I not been taking progesterone, that would have been cycle day 19, and right in line with my typical ovulatory pattern. So just watch out for that... if your progesterone is SHORTENING your new cycle, you may not ovulate until a few days later than normal, because your body may still be on the old hormonal cycle. (I hope that makes sense!)

My period started about 24 hrs after I stopped my progesterone, but they do say 2-5 days is the average. For me, since taking the progesterone took me past when my period would have naturally started, I think that's why it didn't take long. For a few days before I had light spotting, so I truly believe my body was trying to start my period but the progesterone was holding it off.

I always get my period well usually on time, once I get my period i stop the meds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->