A question about water-birth

Carley

Mama to one and pregnant
Reaction score
For the next baby, I'm planing a water birth and I want to know your experience, for those who have had a water-birth what did you think of it? Is it really that great for pain? I'm planing on going natural again. I want to know as much as I can about water-births. Pros and cons and anything you wish you had know prior! :hugs:

It was very calming, mine wasn't planned but I had a bath when I was having bad contractions and it seemed to help more than just sitting around or leaning over the sofa. I can't say if it helps with the pain later on, as I had gas and air but I think I did a lot better in the birthing pool than I would have done in any other position, it felt more natural and relaxing.

Thank you :hugs: I really do want a home-birth :hugs:

i want a home water birth to found out its cheaper to buy one off ebay for 85 than rent one if that helps :happydance:

Glad you posted this, because I'd been wondering about a water birth myself, and I'd love to know everyone's experience of it :)

i want a home water birth to found out its cheaper to buy one off ebay for 85 than rent one if that helps :happydance:

I'd do anything to have a home-birth but it's not covered here by the NHS. It would cost me $2,000+ :wacko: I'm also high risk :hissy: So I'm going for the next best thing, water birth in the natural birthing area!

also glad you posted this...

i would love a water birth with this baby but im not sure i can due to my weight..as ive said before im 39 bmi 19.5 stone basically and 5ft 10 so anyone else that has a water birth would be most appreciated if you could post on here...

h x

Why would your weight be a problem? I don't think it should be :)

also glad you posted this...

i would love a water birth with this baby but im not sure i can due to my weight..as ive said before im 39 bmi 19.5 stone basically and 5ft 10 so anyone else that has a water birth would be most appreciated if you could post on here...

h x

same size as me no probs there hun go for it

the only reason i tohught that was at the hospital im going to the 2nice" side of it allows birthing rooms etc all ran by midwifes but due to my bmi i have to go to the other delivery suite....not sure if there is a water birth bit there

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->