a question about weetabix

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
got jack weighed yesterday , i asked hv if i can give him weetabix she said yeah thats fine , so im going to try them with him this morning i forgot to ask her do i mix it with his milk or our milk ? violet x

You can mix it with either. I mix Jacks with Full fat cows milk.

cows milk has to be full fat!

you can use normal cows whole milk now :)

thanks ladies will have to use his milk for today then as only have semi - skimmed , i take it he can,t have a little bit of sugar on his weetabix ? because of concerns over sugar in take so young . violet x

Was just going to say the same as above, I hope Jack enjoys it, all mine have x

well jack liked his weetabix as he opened mouth for it , but is it normal for him to gag a bit on it as its the 1st time he has had it ? x

Yeah I would say its normal, Lucy gagged a little bit on hers first few times but she scoffs it down now! xx

Was going to make my own thread about weetabix but just saw this... Can i give my LO weetabix now for breakfast now he is over 6months?

There's no reason to put sugar on babies weetabix....I always had sugar on my cereal as a kid and used to add more and more as I got older:blush:

I've never ever put sugar on my kids cereal (a small swirl of honey in porridge) and they have never asked for it coz what they don't know....
and all that:dohh:. It's not just obesity, too much sugar just encourages a sweet tooth and it's best avoided.

Mine all gagged on the bits in Weetabix at 1st but they all love it now.

Beware.....when you change their dirty nappies if you're feeding them Weetabix :sick:

I thought they wernt supposed to have cows milk until 12 months ... but they can have it on cereals? mega confused :lol: :confused:

I thought they wernt supposed to have cows milk until 12 months ... but they can have it on cereals? mega confused :lol: :confused:

Babies can't have cows milk as a main drink under 12months but they can have it mixed with food and obviously cheese, yogurts, fromage frais are made from it too. It won't make them ill or anything (unless they have an intolerance) it just doesn't have enough of the nutrients babies need.

Was going to make my own thread about weetabix but just saw this... Can i give my LO weetabix now for breakfast now he is over 6months?

yeah your little one can have weetabix now he is over 6 months thats what hv told me yesterday when i asked

I found the bitesize ones good so you dont waste a whole one if you've a baby with little tummy! x

I found the bitesize ones good so you dont waste a whole one if you've a baby with little tummy! x

Be careful....think the bitesize ones may be different to normal Weetabix. Oh, I was thinking of Weetabix minis...don't give those to your baby coz they have honey etc added to them.

OMG I just looked and Weetabix has added salt so I wouldn't recommend them for under 12months:dohh:. Organix do some weetabix type cereal which I used to use for Toby when he was younger and that has no salt.

here's the link for Weetabix website and ingredients
https://uktv.co.uk/food/ingredient/aid/506640

they can have it in the diet but not replace their regular milk!! :) it just doesnt have enough nutrients in it to replace their formula or breast milk :)

Be careful....think the bitesize ones may be different to normal Weetabix. Oh, I was thinking of Weetabix minis...don't give those to your baby coz they have honey etc added to them.

OMG I just looked and Weetabix has added salt so I wouldn't recommend them for under 12months:dohh:. Organix do some weetabix type cereal which I used to use for Toby when he was younger and that has no salt.

i asked hv & she said weetabix is fine as long as baby is over 6 months old . x

My Jack has weetabix for brecky and loves it :)

Yeh Holly they can have full fat cows milk from 6months if its mixed with things - not as an alternative for breast or formula milk :)

Iv been told that weetabix is fine by my HV and lots of people feed it to their kids :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->