A question for smokers..

J

Jem88

Do you cough when you smoke?

My mum's always smoked and doesn't cough when she has a cig, but she smokes cigarettes.
But my OH always coughs when he smokes but he smokes baccy.
I haven't noticed anyone else cough when they smoke, just wondered if this is normal?

x

It really depends on you. Sometimes I would cough, but because it went down the wrong tube so to speak. If I work out, I would cough if I smoked right after. On a regular basis I didn't cough though. I also smoke cigs though

DF smokes baccy and coughs, I wouldn't say he coughs a lot but I do think it's because of smoking baccy. When he has normal ciggys he doesn't cough at all.

My Mum smokes cigarettes and hardly ever coughs, my dad however coughs like a trooper and it worries me, (he smokes cigarettes too)

My oh's Mum is the same aswell, is always, always coughing! Her cough doesn't sound too healthy either! (She smokes Cigarettes)

My OH however smokes tobacco and he rarely coughs!

x

Maybe it's to do with the baccy he's smoking? Some are way stronger than others!

lol I cough when I smoke sometimes. Usually because I'm sneaking into the back garden trying to smoke it too quickly before I get caught! lol

It really depends on you. Sometimes I would cough, but because it went down the wrong tube so to speak. If I work out, I would cough if I smoked right after. On a regular basis I didn't cough though. I also smoke cigs though

Totally agree with it and also i think it also depends on how and what you smoke..

Not having a filter may be a factor.
I smoke normal ciggerettes but dont cough where as my mum and nanna had terrible coughs (mum smoked mixture and nan smoked baccy) but they both discovered they had other chest problems so im proud of them that they both have gone about 3 months without now.
Two of my friends smoke baccy but dont cough but they use filters when rolling them.

Me and oh used to smoke rolling bacci and ocasionally cigarettes and never coughed unless it went down the wrong way or had a cold or something, we used filters though so don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Eta: saying that, we used to smoke joints (no judgement please) where you don't have a filter and only used to cough if it was especially strong or if we took an especially large drag. So maybe having a filter doesn't really effect it and some people just cough more than others, maybe because they take larger drags?

I smoke tobbacco and dont cough, my dad also does and he doesnt cough either. My aunty however sounds like shes hacking up a lung most of the time and she smokes cigs. So i guess its just different for everyone x
ETA neither me or my dad use filters x

Not having a filter may be a factor.
I smoke normal ciggerettes but dont cough where as my mum and nanna had terrible coughs (mum smoked mixture and nan smoked baccy) but they both discovered they had other chest problems so im proud of them that they both have gone about 3 months without now.
Two of my friends smoke baccy but dont cough but they use filters when rolling them.

I agree. I've been an on/off smoker for years, some of the time on ordinary cigs and others on roll ups. I've never noticed a difference between how much I cough, but we do use filter tips in the roll ups. I don't cough more than when I wasn't smoking either, only when I am actually ill :flower:

Yeah my partner’s uncle used to cough all the time which really worried us. He is now in the middle of stopping to smoke using one of them electronic cigarettes and his coughing seems to have decreased. Really clever device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->