A quick question about BG V3's :)

Sarahwoo

Work from home Mummy
Reaction score
My first real nappies have just arrived - woo hoo!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

They are BG V3's . . . . argh I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to try them - damn having to pre-wash lol!!!!

Sooo here's my question! My little boy is 3 months old and weighs about 14lb. Do I use the newborn insert or the normal, big one? And with the full sized insert, when I do the poppers to make it small enough to fit in the nappy on its smallest size, does the doubled over part of the insert go to the front or the back of the nappy? Or does it not matter?

Final question . . . . my nappy bucket hasn't arrived yet, its coming in a kit with some pop-ins from my council real nappy scheme so I'm not sure how long it will take to arrive. Is there anything else I can use instead of a nappy bucket or should I really wait until it arrives?

I'm sure that they are stoooopid questions but I'm just so keep to get this right :flower)

Which insert to use (or whether to use both) is a matter of trial and error, I personally never used the newborn insert alone and I started using V3s when Adam was 5 weeks old and still under 10lb.

For a boy, it's best to put the doubled over part in the front as this is where baby boys wee. :D

As for the nappy bucket, it doesn't really matter, you could just use a plastic carrier bag in the meantime, that's what I'd probably do.

I agree its all a case of trial and error.

I put the doubled over bit of the insert at the front too :thumbup: and yeah,just use anything while you wait for your nappy bucket,I dont even have a proper nappy bucket,just a regular big pastel green bucket from Wilkinson!

I love BG V3's-they're my favourite!Hope you get on well with them xxx

Brilliant, thank you soooo much!! Argh I can't wait for the bucket to arrive . . . I guess I could put them into nappy bags and then into another bag. I've only got five so its not like they will be in there long.

That sooooo makes sence to put the double bit to the front :dohh:

Oohhhh I can't wait to try one on him lol!!!

post pics, your son is a real cutie :D

Also, a top V3 tip; when he starts wetting more, put the newborn insert in too, as well as your normal one. It's what we do on a night time, and it keeps all the wee in! :)

I do this too with my bum genius flips. My LO is 14 lbs and we use the smallest rise setting still, ( he has skinny legs!!), fold over at the front and newborn insert for nighttime. Although I just read on a post here that you can buy tesco value microfibre cloths and these apparently make a good booster. They cost 91p for 3, so I got some today and will give them a go!

As for a nappy bag, I know some people who use the zip case for the change mat that comes with the boots change bag.

Thanks so much - some fab tips! Much appreciated :) My nappies are all washed and ready to go so we'll be trying them tomorrow! I tried one on for fit earlier and it looked like it needs to go on the middle setting but I'm not sure I was doing it right? I am going to look again in the morning as Oliver tends to be nice and patient first thing lol!! He was a bit grumpy before - I put the nappy on him and he started crying!! Hopefully he'll like it better tomorrow lol!! X

Well here is Oliver in his first real nappy! I tried again and the smaller setting seems okay, does it look okay to you? I changed him after two hours and we had no leaks or anything :)

Attachments

• oliver 192.jpg
    oliver 192.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
  • oliver 193.jpg
    oliver 193.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 4
Aw, he looks gorgeous and very comfy in his cloth :D

Awww looks like a great fit hun :thumbup:
Evie is over 20lb and is on the middle rise at the moment. The front of the nappy comes to just under her belly button when she's laying down :)
I love my BG v3, I have about 12, they're our failsafe option!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->