a tip for keeping toilet clean!

willowtree

Mum and Expecting
Reaction score
I know its a weird post lol ,but i think we should start a cleaning tip thread!

One what i have found good so far is, If you happen to have any chlorine tablets the ones you use to keep kids swimming pools clean,is to brake it into 4 bits as they are quite big and put one in the cistern on your loo its lasts for agesss and keeps it clean plus it smells fresh!

I use the sponges (the ones used for washing up) to clean the bathroom, kitchen, paintwork, floors, everything, then throw them away once used. I found they do a better job than cloths/mops and you get 20 for £1. I purchase two a month (one for dishes) and they do such a great job.

I put vinegar in with the wash, it helps remove smoke odors, pet odors and i still put soap and everything just smells so much cleaner

hair spray gets biro or marker pain marks of the sofa or other furniture kiddies have enjoyed doodling lol

i also use the pads you use for pots on everything iterally everything

vinegar in the washing machine to clean it out no clothes just pour a bottle of white vinegar in the drum and put on hot wash freshens it out

baby oil cleans stainless steel up a treat

cnt think of any other atm my brain isnt working lol

I pour roller cola (any cheap cola) down the loo and leave it for a couple of hours, brings it up a treat!!

I've tried coke in the loo and it dont work for me.

I use milton sterilising tablets instead in my loo! Works well.. :)

cola dnt work for me either it stained my loo :-/ i had to get on hands and knees n scrub it :-/ must depend on water in differant areas as to if it works or not :-/

i sometimes use vinegar in water for windows put on with damp cloth n rub off with kitchen paper :)

where can you get chlorine tablets from?
i've found bleach ones but they didn't really work. :(

white toothpaste ( nothing with stripes ) cleans up tarnished silver, just rub it in with a soft cotton cloth.

instead of buying ironing water put tap water in spray bottle with a few drops of fragranced oil stuff n spray that on before you iron
saw that one on how clean is your house lol

when washing window with a cloth use newspaper to get rid of streaks.
scrunch up newspaper and use some elbow and rub in circles NO STREAKS!!

I soak my ice tray in vinegar because of calcium build up (the build up is usually white and sometimes pink) It clean it a lot better than most products I use and I don't have to scrub.

I have silver jewelery that has tarnished by being in my jewelerybox too long, any suggestions?

If you have a squeaky door use the 1 cal spray and its sorted with no funky wd40 smell! xx

where can you get chlorine tablets from?
i've found bleach ones but they didn't really work. :(

They are quite expensive but they really do work and last ages,not like those bloo loo things which lasts for a few days.try on this site https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Dissolving-Stabilised-Chlorine-Tablets/dp/B002APYD6K ..maybe you can find them cheaper x

The inside of the toilet is never a problem but the rim? Always. I have two 2-year-olds in the house during the day and there is always issues with aiming and spraying. If you can get me something magical that can clean the seat and floor for me without lifting a finger, I'd be forever greatful. For now, the cleaning products stay next to the potty and it gets cleaned just about every hour or more. I use Mr. Clean any surface. I do like to use vinegar at times but it gives me nosebleeds.

I use a chemical reaction of boiling water, baking soda, and lemon juice to clean all my silver, including jewelry. It works better than any silver cleaner I have purchased! What you do is line a bowl with aluminum foil, put in about 1/4 cup of baking soda, a squirt of lemon juice and about a cup of boiling water in. put in jewelry and let sit for 10 minutes and rinse!

Don't let the male species use it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->