• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

a vety hungry bottle fed baby!

saramummytobe

Reaction score
My little girl will be 6 weeks on sunday, she is bottle fed and on sma first infant milk. I have been giving her 4oz bottles and she was wanting fed every hour to hour and a half so i changed her to a 5oz bottle but shes still wanting fed every 1-2 hours shes screaming tue place down for food! Im worried im.going to make her sick bcoz shes wanting fed so often, my health visitor isnt coming out til next week should I try her on the sma extra hungry baby milk and see if that works?

Heya.

I would try upping it to 6oz and seeing how she does. 2-3 hours between feeds is probably about right for her age, 1-2 hours does seem a bit much, but it could just be a growth spurt. I would try to avoid hungry baby milk for as long as possible. Once you get to the stage where she is having 8-9oz every 1-2 hours then thats when I would consider hungry baby milk.
My 6 week old is a big feeder too. She has 4-6oz every 3 hours but a couple of times a day also demands a 2-3oz top up feed an hour later! xxx

Hey

Thanks for the reply i managed to speak 2 a hv 2day and she said she should only be having 5oz every 3 hours nt every hour like she has been having she said to try aptamil hungry baby milk and that should satisfy her a little bit more so going to see how we go on that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->