Aaaargh!

Emmy1987

Mummy to a princess!
Reaction score
FLEAS!

Can't get rid of the damn things and I feel all itchy and skanky constantly worrying about whether we have any on us while we're out!

Cat has been de flead TWICE in a week as first treatment didn't touch her, now she has a flea collar on too, I've put down flea powder and hoovered every surface and used flea spray but the *******ing things are still here!

Left the hoover in our bedroom overnight and our bedroom floor is crawling :nope: so bad that I stood on it for about a minute and had at least ten fleas on each foot, where are they coming from???????? They are everywhere :sick: and they keep going onto LO and biting all three of us!

Help :cry:

Have you tried going to your vets and getting a flea powder from there? I find they tend to work better than ones you buy from shops and you may have to reapply the powder a few times.

Also have you decorated? Because they also live behind wallpaper and under carpets.

My dog had this ... From a cat, before my LO was born! I was panicking constantly that they were going to be here when LO was born. It sounds really daft...

We put a lot of ordinary table salt on all of the carpets, left them 24 hours and then hoovered it. At the same time we bought some flea treatment from the vets rather than from the shop. (Frontline never worked, it's one that begins with D, will fish it out later). At the same time we had to de-flea all animals in the house, wash all bed linens and hoover all carpets. The day after giving your animal flea treatment, put a collar on them :) x Worked for us - We're flea free! (Oh and we went through her with a comb every day to make sure until they were gone).

Live in rented house so can't decorate :(

LO would eat the salt if we put some down for 24 hours :(

Would Pets at Home have strong flea powder? I used some regularly (can't remember which brand though) and it didn't have much effect...

How do you stop the blighters from getting out of the hoover afterwards??

Your vets will have a stronger flea powder than the ones at the shop.

OMG thats a coincidence, DH and i went out today as we have got FLEA's too!!! the little f*ckers are everywhere!!!! its actually depressing me... as sometimes i have bout 4 crawling round on me feet.

DH and i went to the pets at home and spoke to them, they told us to use Frontline on our 2 cats and to let the cats into every room as the little suckers will jump of them and then die (i bloody hope so too)

He also said put down powder and hoover up every surface, he said to de-flea the cats every 5 weeks without fail and to wash everything from bed linens to curtains etc. Also with the hoovering make sure you empty it outside or put the bag outside so the flea's cant escape back into the house.

Sorry for the rant but hope the advice is helpful :flower:

Yeh straight into the dustbin :thumbup: i got bin shutes so i just run outside with the filter and dump it outside. Oh also he said to spray the filter if you have a bagless hoover and this should also kill them.

LOL kinda became a flea expert all a sudden :haha:

Vets for frontline 10 I think it's called. Spray it everywhere and leave it (keep lo out for a day) then hoover it up and get rid of the bag. do it again 2 days later o make sure you have got the eggs that will have hatched. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->