Aaahhh HELP im think im doing this all wrong!

Gem_Clem

Reaction score
Ok so my LO eats really well, she'll eat anything! I thought it was going great but reading some posts on here makes me think again. She is 9 months old

She doesn't get purees now, I mash her veg etc, give her lumps, but I feed her with a spoon. She eats some finger foods herself like toast, cheese, fruit etc but doesn't get much from that because she mushes it up in her hand and drops pieces etc

Should she be feeding herself at this age?? Surely shes too young to use spoon herself?

No she shouldn;t be feeding herself at this age - unless you're going down the baby led weaning route -which you aren;t but even then i am pretty sure a 9 mth old cannot spoon feed themselves - maybe they can guide the spoon in their mouths but not load it up themselves etc. Yours is doing better than mine - he won;t take mashed up savoury stuff - i can mash his sweet stuff but his veggies are still blended down as he won;t eat them any other way. But liek yours he eats cheese breadsticks toast cucumber slices rice ckaes etc so I'm thinking he is still chewing and is prob jiust being a bit awkward with the savoury purees. Honestly sounds liek you are doing great to me. I have stopped coming on here so much. Only because i always ended up feeling like a bad mum. everybody does their own things and I now think just go on your instinct you know what;s best. Some mummies BLW and that works for them and some traditional wean and that works for them x

Thanks for that!

I know I need to stop comparing, every baby does things at their own pace.

I should be grateful she eats so well and hasn't refused any foods she's been given!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->