abdominal pain and cramping..??

Pepper07

Reaction score
hi

can anybody tell me if they had cramping and abdominal pain during thier first few weeks of pregnancy, the abdominal pain is mainly on the lower right hand side but it does sometimes hurt a little just below my rib cage, is this normal??

thanks x

Hey-

The cramping you are experiencing is very normal. I am seven weeks along and still get the occasional menstrual-like cramping. My doctor explained it to me this way. The cramping is called round ligament cramping and sometimes it stays on one side of the body or sometimes it feels like cramping all over your abdomen. Either way, it is the way your uterus is expanding to make room for the little one growing inside of you. Since it is expanding, your muscles and ligaments are extending and that is causing the cramping. The WebMD website explains it really well if you go on there and search round ligament cramping.

As far as the pain goes, if it is unbearable go to the doctor. It should never be that bad. If you have any bleeding with it, you should go to the doctor. I explained my cramping as "annoying" and my doctor said that was normal. But the minute it gets unbearable or excrutiating and blood accompanies the pain, then you should immediately see your doctor.

I hope this helps!

thanks thats really helpful ill check it out :)

ye i did a test and it was BPN so im no sure now :(

same thing happened to me in my first few weeks --and this is my first ---so i'm guessing its normal....if it gets unbearable enough to be afraid for the baby ---go and get checked out...i did and found out i was only 8 weeks along and got a cute lil ultrasound pic to go with it ... at least you'll know nothing is wrong with u and they will check out everything gall bladder/kidneys/ stones/ and everything else thhat could be the culprit---good luck hope its just normal pain and that everything is fine

thanks for that :)

did you get a negative hpt for the first few weeks?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->