Abigail Louise Ward - 30/10/08 *LONG* Lots of photos :)

ellasmummy

Reaction score
So the day i had waited for for so long finally arrived!!

On Wednesday 29th i noticed a few tightenings that were painless but sent alot of pressure to my bum. Felt like i needed a poo but after trying many times i couldnt go. Around 6pm i tried 2stand up from sitting on the floor but lost my balance and fell, i landed on my side and slightly knocked my bump. Didnt hurt or have any pains but MW advised me to be monitored as i was 40+4 and placenta and stuff would already be weak and they needed to make sure LO was ok. So i went over to delivery suite, mum took me and OH stayed at home as our daughter was in bed. CTG was perfect and everything appeared fine. I had noticed since i was there that i was having pains. They came from my back, went round into my tummy and down my spine into my bum, causing alot if pressure and bringing back the feeling of needed to poo. They were very irregular but reminded me of contractions. Mum said i think your going to go into labour tonight, and to be honest so did i but i didnt want to get my hopes up so i just said she was being silly. MW advised me to stay the night in hospital so they could scan me in the morning and make sure placenta was intact. I really didnt want to stay in, felt really emotional but after a long chat with mum and phone call with OH i knew it was for the best so i went down to the ward around 12pm and mum left. I told the MW i thought the pains were contractions and she said just get some sleep and keep an eye on them. So i got into bed and everytime i got a pain it woke me up last a minute or so and then i fell back to sleep.

At 3am i woke with an intense pain that i really hurt. After that i couldnt get back to sleep. I knew they were contractions and they were coming faster and getting closer together. At 4am i got the MW and she monitored me and said yes your having tightenings, gave me paracetamol and told me to see how things go. So i laid in bed breathing through every contraction and trying to sleep between them. At 5am it was really painful and the MW agreed to examine me, great i was 3cm. I stayed in bed on the ward carried on breathing through contractions and at 7am they brought me breakfast and called my OH to come in with my hospital bags. Delivery suite werent ready for me and was cleaning a room so i had to stay on the ward and wait. At 9am i was in agony and needed pain relief so they examined me and i was 6cm so they got me a birthing ball to help relieve the pressure from my bum and also brought in the Gas and Air. Finally at 9.30 i could go to Delivery Suite. OH was waiting for me, really excited and anxious as due to reasons that couldnt be helped he missed our 1st daughter being born so this was a 1st for him. So i sat on the ball bouncing through contractions. Didnt use the Gas and Air very much. OH rubbed my back and was reminding me to breathe and although its strange but breathing through contractions really helps, taking big deep breaths really helped me. After a while i decided to lean over the bed so LO would drop down easier. 10am i kept needing to push with contractions but MW said no dont push breathe through it as my waters hadnt gone so couldnt push her out yet. By 11am the urge to push became impossible to ignore so i asked if she could break my waters because although they were bulging they just didnt want to break! So at 11.22am she did an examination and i was 9cm so she broke my waters. I started pushing straight away with the next contraction.

And at 11.53am Abigail Louise Ward was born. Weighing 7lb 7oz! She is soo perfect and i love her soo much, Daddy is so proud and so is her big sister! My labour was so calm and relaxed i loved every minute of it! My OH was excellent, the best birthing partner ever. He was so supportive and helpful. Rubbing my back through contractions and encouraging me to breathe really helped and made me stay calm! Even stopped me screaming the place down! lol I didnt scream until the head came out so i was very proud of myself! Oh and i also had no stitches :) The labour was 5hours and 1minute and i felt great afterwards, i felt on top of the world :)

Sorry for rambling but i enjoyed it so much i loved every minute of it and i am so proud of my Baby Girl! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC00450.jpg
    DSC00450.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC00472.jpg
    DSC00472.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00497.jpg
    DSC00497.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC00500.jpg
    DSC00500.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC00509.jpg
    DSC00509.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 166
what a wonderful birth story, huge huge congratulations to you and your family, she is just gorgeous :) x x x

What a beautiful little girl! Huge Congratulations xxx

shes perfect hun, well done. hope you are feeling yourself again real soon

xxx

Congratulations!!
She's soo cute, I love the first pic!! x

Glad it went so well for you, congratulations x

awww how sweet! sounds like you had a great labour too!

shes amazing.
congratulations! fantastic birth story :)

Congrats hun shes lovely! Nice car seat we've got it you must have great style ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->