Abnormal smear for the 2nd time :(

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
Hi,

I had my smear test about 5 weeks ago and it has come back with low grade dyskaryosis found. I have had this once before, about 5 years ago and had treatment which should have cured it.

Although the treatment is relatively painless I found it quite invasive. Whilst I was lay they, legs akimbo having my treatment, another doctor came in the room and I wasn't even asked if I minded! There was also an incident afterwards as the nurse had to clean up the 'mess' the doctor had made. I think there was quite a lot of blood :(

I am not normally bothered by things like this as I have just given birth to my 5th child 4 months ago but with a coposcopy there is nothing nice at the end as with labour.

I am also concerned that it has come back for a 2nd time. I have 2 daughters and I am definately going to let them have the HPV vaccine when they are older as I don't want them to go through this. I am just crossing my fingers that it is nothing sinister x

Hallo, I have HPV abnormal cells and had three abnormal smears. The doctor told me that they can test and see if it is the dangerous cells or the ones that are not harmful. She did the test and it came back unharmful. So I don't have to get any procedures done. She also said that she didn't want to do anything anyway because I am still young and still want babies, but obviously if it was the ones that can cause cancer then I had to go. I now have to go every 6 months for smears to check on my status.

Hi.
I had 2 abnormal smears, the first one was straight after I had Michael at 19, during my my 6week check up. I then had to get a coloscopy and that came back with moderate cells (type 2) then LEEP cell removal (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)

My second time was 6 months after my LEEP procedure, but I only needed a coloscopy as I only had Type 1 cell change.

I was then tested again 6 months later and I had no abnormal cells :happydance:

I'm now 22 and I had all 3 HPV vaccines before I was sexually active, I really hope your ok and your experience wasn't too bad. I also had doctors popping in and out like it was a shop, while my legs were up and it's awful xx

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck hun- I went through the same in my mid 20's. Abnormal pap- and biopsy. Not fun! BUT- in the end all was Ok. After going through that- well before they knew about the HPV virus... I found out how common it was, and that most often our bodies fend it off on it's on in time... so might just have been a fluke and all will most likely be just fine. I know the waiting is always the worst though :hugs:

I have just found out I am pregnant but I still have to go. I know they say that it is safe to have a colposcopy while pregnant but given the choice I would rather not as I have had miscarriages and they hurt both physically and emotionally :(

I was in the same position last year and I refused point blank to even let them examine me until after I'd had the baby. I still went to the appointment though.

Your hormones can cause smears to come back considerably worse than what the cervix changes actually are though - which is what happened to me. My smear came back suggesting grade 2, it was only grade 1. I had a cloposcopy about 8 weeks after having my LO.

Tough decision to make, but you don't HAVE to have anything done, you can demand that they wait til after you have had your baby, if you want to. Go to the appointment and trust your judgement huni. *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->