Abnormal Sperm - advice please.

WhiteOrchid24

Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC # 2 for 14 months (our son is 3 years old) and today I got the results of the semen analysis that he had done last week. It turns out that he has only 44% motility which the dr said is still ok but ALL of his sperm were abnormal :( Has anyone dealt with this before and if so do you have any advice/ suggestions on how to proceed.

The Dr seems to think it is stress and has suggested exercising, stopping drinking etc but I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and still managed to get pregnant. Trying to stay positive but feeling sad that # 2 just might never happen....... :cry:

My husband and I have been TTC # 2 for 14 months (our son is 3 years old) and today I got the results of the semen analysis that he had done last week. It turns out that he has only 44% motility which the dr said is still ok but ALL of his sperm were abnormal :( Has anyone dealt with this before and if so do you have any advice/ suggestions on how to proceed.

The Dr seems to think it is stress and has suggested exercising, stopping drinking etc but I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and still managed to get pregnant. Trying to stay positive but feeling sad that # 2 just might never happen....... :cry:

Hi hon,

Only me again but this website might have some answers for you. The FORUM is great xxx

www.fertilityfriends.co.uk

My husband has only 4-6% normal forms which apparently is okay these days but his rapid motilty is 24% and his he has 80% sperm antibodies which isn't good therefore we are going through Ivf docter give us 1-2% conceiving naturally !!!! So basically I think ivf is threat option when it comes too mfi xxz

Thanks for sharing bettybee1. Unfortunately IVF isn't an option for us financially however I'm still hopeful things might change. Turns out hubby has a bad infection in his mouth (gums) from an old root canal he had done....he's getting surgery at start of next month to remove it and then a course of antibiotics so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will make a difference.....I guess only time will tell.....

I hope it does hunnie if you can get him on well man vitamins , zinc, vitiamins e & c also make sure he drinks lots of water my hubby has give up booze completely !!! His 1st SA was in feb &his morph was 4% his last SA was the other week which showed 6% morph so am sure the vitamins have done good xxz

That's great! I've tried to do research to see if the cause could be the tooth infection but there's not much out there. OH seems convinced it's the infection and I don't want to stress him out anymore so I guess only time will tell! He's getting it sorted in May and then we have to go see the Dr. again in July when he'll be referred for his 2nd SA.... in the meantime I'm trying to just stay positive and actually having a break this month will be quite nice as I won't have the awful 2WW!!! That being said we've given up drinking (not that we drank a lot before but always looked forward to wine on a Friday night!!) and I've just started the gym so going to focus on losing those extra 10lbs I've been carrying around!!! Hope you are well :)

Hi,

well, i know the feeling, my partner has had a semen test done and he has around 2.4ml semen in ejaculation. The highest is 20ml, and the lowest before unable to conceive is 2ml. So his count is very low. That along with my own problems has stopped us conceiving completely in two years! We haven't got any children, both 20yrsold which isn't old or too young, but were old enough to understand that we probably wont have children ourselves naturally. All i can say is be very thankful for what you have already got, your son, as it could be alot worse. I know it is hard, but at least you have number 1 already!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->