• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Abnormalities in 12 week scan

Charlotteg88

Reaction score
I went for my 12 week scan this morning expecting evrything to be fine but I have to go and see the consultant for a detailed scan on Monday afternoon. There is an unidentified area near the bladder and the scan picture shows a huge black spot near the baby's stomach. The midwives looked worried. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? X

I haven't experienced anything similar but just wanted to say I hope all goes well xxx

I had the same thing on my 12 week scan. Baby had a big black blob where their bladder is. Hoping that your baby just really needed to pee and it's gone on your next scan. If not (I say this without trying to scare you, but I have to be truthful as this happened to me) it could be what is called a megacystis, where the baby can't pee and there is different reasons. I will give you a heads up just in case you get this news on your next visit because it is confusing and very worrying. Reasons that can cause this is 1. chromosome problems and the urethra isn't forming and won't form properly (though this is worst case and slim chance of happening) 2. there is a blockage stopping baby from peeing 3. Urethra hasn't formed yet, but is in the process of forming. Though I will mention there is a 90% chance of it resolving itself which is quite a lot and I would suggest on focusing on that number ;) What I will also suggest is don't go for invasive treatment to empty the bladder unless you feel you really need to do so. On my part when this happened I chose to wait it out and see what happened and waited 3 weeks (very scary 3 weeks though) and luckily it resolved itself and has gone. Always remember the 90% chance of resolving, and don't do what I done and start looking online, all you get is horror stories.

I am sorry if what I post sounds scary, hoping that this resolves for you and that little one is ok... sending big hugs

Thank you Vix hopefully it will clear by itself really appreciate the advice xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->