• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ABO incompatibility

Sproglett

1 ds and cooking a peanut
Reaction score
Hi ladies, my baby boy was born 4th August 2012 (at 34w+6) with ABO incompatibility, he was very jaundice and was border line needing a blood transfusion, now he has gone on to be anaemic, again he was borrer line blood transfusion at 8.1 (tgey have to do transfusion at 8 - no other option) luckily his level has risen up to 11.2 now but I'm not sure where it should be right now. Has anyone else had to deal with ABO anaemia?

My pregnancy journal, birth story & parenting journal are in my signature, please feel free to have a read of them x x

I think it is supposed to be 14 or above but it's been a few years.

At 35 weeks gestation my lo hovered around 10 but they held off on a blood transfusion as they wanted her bone marrow to kick in and do the work and blood transfusions only delay it. It took a week or so but it slowly moved up to an acceptable level and she never had one. (She had a few transfusions at earlier gestations though)

Thanks, Jacob went down to 8.1 (at his worst) and is currently on iron to improve his levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->