about my brother and white cell count??

rachael22

Reaction score
Hiya my brother had a blood test (blood count) and his white cells are low what could this mean? Ave n e off u had this? I've heard of high white cell counts and infection etc! He haven't been feeling well lately bad stomach cramps etc and the doc have just been giving him various tablets he's only 22 years old now I'm worrying over his blood results... He has to go back on the 31st for a re-check .. The soctor didn't wana c him has an emergency it was just a routine appointment within a month and 2day he found out what the results were. Thanks for reading Xx

Hi!

Sorry to hear your brother isn't well :( there are lots of things that can cause a dip in wbcs and some of them are horrible BUT it can be something as simple as a recent cOld or infection of some sort.
I really really hope he's on the mend :hugs:

Hi!

Sorry to hear your brother isn't well :( there are lots of things that can cause a dip in wbcs and some of them are horrible BUT it can be something as simple as a recent cOld or infection of some sort.
I really really hope he's on the mend :hugs:

Thankyou for replying :) I am too hoping everythings fine next time.. So white cells can be high or low after a cold or infection could they? X

My hubby had this, and then on the retest his levels came back normal. xx

Yeah, I was reading about it. My rbcs are a bit wierd at the moment so was researching them and happened to read about low wbcs too. I guess it's following an infection there aren't many left as they have all been fighting and they are in the process of re-stocking back up. Keep us updated on how he's doing :hugs:

Thanks for replyin feel a little less worries now :) and will defo keep u posted his next blood tests is the 31st as soon as the results are back I will post :) Xx

My son had this and we took him to the emergency because at that point he was sweating, his eyes wouldn't respond to any movement, basically he looked lifeless but was still breathing. The doctors initially thought that he had been really dehydrated and gave him an IV for 4 hours and then wanted to send us home:growlmad:. I said no "something is really WRONG!" i pretty much pleaded for them to do a blood test. They did and sent us home anyways. We got an Urgent call about 6 hours later to Rush him to the chidrens hospital in our area. We got there and they took him into a reverse isolation room and started taking blood and attching him to IV's and everything. At this point I was extremely scared:cry:. They kept him in the hospital for a week and each day they took 3 blood tests. They still didn't tell me what was going on so I was in tears freaking out Everyday. The Doctors on the 8th days came in to his room and told me that there was a chance my son had Leukemia. They said that your white blood cell count should be around 4-5000 and Jayden had 400!!! They said even the slightest cold could kill him. They took him in for a Bone marrow biopsy that morning and we were relieved to hear that he was cancer free! They said that he had something called Neutropenia which is kind of like an immune deficency disorder. Everytime he gets even slightly sick his white blood cells plummet and he has to go to the hospital for a few days to be put on an IV because he can't fight infections. I am in no means trying to scare you i am just letting you know some of the more serious conditions associated with White blood cells :)

Hiya ladies just to let u all know he had the repeated blood tests and np further action needed thank god!! Thanks for all your replys tho :) Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->