Absolutely Astounded

TattiesMum

Reaction score
Tattie had her first midwife visit of this pregnancy on Friday ... She's chosen community led midwife care because she wants a Domino Delivery and was a bit apprehensive about just how supportive her surgery midwife would be to the idea.

But - not only was her midwife genuinely enthusiastic and supportive, she was also really promoting the idea of a home birth :happydance:

I know .... I'm so used to hearing horror stories about how obstructive surgeries and midwives can be to women wanting home deliveries and here was one who was actively encouraging a mum to have one from the first appointment :thumbup:

I don't know if this is her normal approach or whether she was primed by Tattie's GP, who supported my own home delivery of Tattie herself LOL, but either way it's encouraging :D

My midwife is incredibly supportive of home birth.. She has been around today and is totally into the natural birthing vibe. She mentioned delayed cord clamping to me before I even mentioned it. Discussed natural 3rd stage and the vit k injection as well.
I cant believe how lucky I am when I read some of the posts of people having to fight for a home birth.

Great! My community team is very pro homebirth though I suspect some of it transpires to be rhetoric. We'll see how it comes about this time!

Brilliant!!! Everyone should be as supportive - birth is an everyday event and normally NORMAL!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->