• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acceptable distance between ceremony venue and reception

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Hi!

I think this is my first post in this area, quite excited! :happydance:

How far is too far between the wedding ceremony venue and the reception? We are thinking of getting married in the registry office of a small town, then I want the reception in a nice pub in the countryside outside the town (so country roads to negotiate...). I would arrange for coaches to take the guests there but OH thinks its a faff. I dont really want the reception in the same town if I can.

So how far maximum would you say between the two?

Thanks in advance!
:flower:

If you're providing coaches then anything up to about half an hour is probably fine!

I would say upto about 45 mins before people would get annoyed lol! I don't think it's a Taff at all though :) xx

Thanks! The biggest issue I think is that the venue is likely to be arse end of nowhere in the Yorkshire Dales (if I get my own way :haha:) so the roads will be small and will add to the time to get there. Im looking at other venues too where you can get married and have reception too, depending on cost.

This is all new to me and this will no doubt be the first of many posts, might start a journal if I can encourage friendly stalkers :haha:

Firstly congratulations :) And I would say up to 45 mins as a maximum really. xx

Don't worry, my venue is in the middle of nowhere and I'm not providing any transport lol! It is only 20 mins from my church but some of my guests live 30 mins away from me to begin with xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->