• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Access to Nursing Course.....

FayDanielle

Mia's Mummy <3
Reaction score
I have my 20 minute interview at the college tomorrow, I'm incredibly nervous.

I'm going against over 100 applicants for one of 30(ish) places on the course.

I had my initial tests in June for it, which I did quite well on, but I know that won't be enough with so many other applicants.

Has anyone been through this before? Any tips/Advice?

I think i'll find out tomorrow at the actual interview wether or not I have a place. I honestly think i'll cry if I don't get onto it, I want this SO much.

I'm terrified. I feel like my future rests on tomorrows events. :nope:

No advice as I've never gone for anything like this, but don't worry if you don't get it, you can use this year to get more paid/voluntary experience working with people or in care and go back next year saying 'this is what I've done to show that I won't give up'. I'm sure you'll be fine though, think positive. Just let your passion speak for itself. I'd love to do something like this when mine are older. Good luck. :)

Thank you :)

I think that's the path I'll take, Whistle, should I not get onto it. I have a volunteering job in a nursing home waiting for me, i'm just waiting on a ex boss sending a reference. I've been waiting around a month now. :growlmad: Fingers crossed! xx

I agree, just show how passionate you are about it and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm sure they'll just ask why you want to do the course and why they should pick you over other applicants.

You've done we'll to pass the initial tests so well done and good luck :thumbup:

I agree, just show how passionate you are about it and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm sure they'll just ask why you want to do the course and why they should pick you over other applicants.

You've done we'll to pass the initial tests so well done and good luck :thumbup:

Thank you :) x

Most of it is based on your suitability to keep up and complete the course, it's a pretty full on year. Also know what area you want to go into, adult nursing/childrens etc, and know about the roll and pathway, where you might apply for uni etc.

Good luck :)

I've done this course. The only advice I can give you is be honest about your reasoning for wanting to be a nurse. This is the one thing that trips a lot of people up.
I know a girl that had the interview before me said she wanted to be a nurse because she wanted to help people. As the interviewer replied she could help people by doing a different job, she wanted to know specifics like what she could bring to the nursing profession, why she felt she should be picked for the placement before anyone else. If you've worked in any kind of "caring" environment then big it up. Same with responsibility in your employment and your ability to learn, but most of all show that you care. I know the onus is on learning within a access course, but nowadays they need you to show that you have the ability to empathise, care and push yourself.
I really enjoyed the course. The sociology was interesting as was psychology. The higher biology was a bit of a bugger though :D.

Goodluck, i'm sure you'll ace it :flower:

Well done hun, so pleased for you :) xxx

Well done and congratulations :flower:

Thank you :) I'm over the moon! Can't wait to stock up on pretty notebooks and folders!! xx

Wait til you get your book list, the prices are extortionate. I'm sure I've still got the Higher Human Biology with answers by James Torrence. If it's still on the reading list, give me a shout and i'll send you it. I think It cost me £35 so if you want it you can have it for free :D.

Wait til you get your book list, the prices are extortionate. I'm sure I've still got the Higher Human Biology with answers by James Torrence. If it's still on the reading list, give me a shout and i'll send you it. I think It cost me £35 so if you want it you can have it for free :D.

Thats lovely of you, thank you very much :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->