Accidentally ate raw meat!

hopeful2797

Reaction score
I ordered a cabbage roll at a local restaurant and after eating a few bites I realized that the hamburger meat was completely raw! Now I'm scared to death!

Poor thing, you must be so worried.

I don't have any experience in this matter but like to take comfort in the fact that japanese women must eat sushi and many other cultures would eat rare or raw meat.

Was it at a clean and respectable restaurant? and was it supposed to be raw or did they make it wrong?

Do you feel ok now?

What a scary situation, hugs, I'm sure it will be fine (including the mini heart attack you probably had when you realised.):hugs:

I'm sorry this happened. How stressful. Chances are you will be fine. My unofficial opinion as a microbiologist is that most meat is perfectly safe to eat raw. Of course there are exceptions where E. coli and such can be a problem but that is the exception. If harmful bacteria were common in raw meat you would hear of people being sick all the time from eating rare steak and such. Your body will protect the baby. If you do feel sick or get a fever get to your doctor ASAP. You may feel better just by checking in with your doctor anyway. :flower:

Thanks ladies! I am definitely worried about it but so far I feel fine. I only had a couple of small bites but what worried me was that it was ground meat and I've always heard that is worse if you eat it raw.

The restaurant is clean and reputable, but it still worries me!

I guess I will just have to call my dr tomorrow and see what his opinion is!

ground meat is considered worse because what you eat comes from many different animals so it increases the risk that any one of them could harbor a bacteria. As opposed to a steak which only comes from one animal.
I think it's a good idea to check in tomorrow. I doubt there is anything to do about it though :flower:

I'm sure all will be fine, when I was about 6 weeks pregnant with DD I went to Singapore and stuffed my face daily with sushi not knowing I shouldn't and she was absolutely fine :)

I am sure everything will be fine, it was just one time. Years ago women didn't know half of what we know now and they had plenty of healthy babies. We are just overly careful now.
Check in with the Doc just to make sure but don't stress over it, and if you are feeling fine then all should be ok.

I was invited out when 6 weeks pg, and they served chicken. Half way through I saw the chicken leg I was eating was still red and bleeding in the middle...I panicked liek crazy! Because it's a clean, good restaurant I'll bet it'll absolutely fine, but it doesn't stop the worry. Hopefully you'll get through the next few days without food poisoning and then it will all be a distant memory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->