Accidentally eaten chicken 2 days out of date....

Pearls18

Reaction score
Is this really bad?? I am SO paranoid about food poisoning, it was chicken breasts with bacon and cheese on it from sainsburys, I bought it Saturday it's been in the fridge since. I over cooked it by about 10-15 mins so it was a bit chewy but it smelt fine as far as I could tell....anybody done this? I'm pretty relaxed about dates usually but not with meat :/

It went out of date 31st we ate it today (2nd)

I should think you'll be okay. It sounds like you cooked it really thoroughly. I wouldnt worry too much especially as it had been refrigerated x

It'll be fine hun :) you would have been able to smell straight away if it was funny

Chickens never used to come with use by dates - your sense of smell and taste are far more reliable than whatever's printed on the packet :)

You would definitely have smelled it first - the smell of off chicken is really strong, I got it in a dodgy restaurant once! :sick:

Don't worry :flow:

I'm sure you probably wouldn't of been able to eat it if it was really off, don't worry you'll be fine x

Supermarkets def give fresh products ridiculous sell by dates - if it smelled and tasted fine then you'll be okay! I know why youre paranoid though I am soooo scared of food poisoning, its hard to rationalise sometimes!

Have you smelled gone off chicken, you wouldn't mistake it! On the odd occasion, if it didn't smell, i'd think in this case the chicken didn't know it was out of date.

Honestly, if you're going to get food poisoning it would be happening now or very soon. isn't it one of those things that happens/makes you vomit quiet quickly? If you feel fine, and are fine tomorrow, i'd think you've been lucky this time.

I agree, if it wasn't ok you'd of definitely smelt it when you opened the package - gone off chicken absolutely stinks! You should be fine :D

Yeah as long as it didn't smell it should be fine. I don't check dates ever even with meat. I just don't think to really :wacko:

I was at our grocery store that is quite large and usually fine and smelled off chicken from few feet away. It is BAD smell when it goes. Both times I got sick VERY VERY fast after eating bad meat(chicken once and ground beef).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->