Addicted to bargains!

S

sparkswillfly

I have a serious problem... I cant stop myself buying baby clothes! As the title suggests I am addicted to bargains. I love primark, I over used that vertbaudet voucher with £15 off. I went mad when Blooming Marvelous had a buy one get one free sale, and Im always on ebay looking at bundles and dresses!

Is it a bargain if you dont really need it or have no where to put the stuff? She prob wont have time to wear all the stuff Ive bought so far and Ive got 14 weeks left to go. I think boredom doesnt help.:dohh:

aww bless you hun... i know im going to be terrible with primark i want to buy stuff now but i dont dare!

I'm like that too!! Especially getting baby clothes - we've already got loads but if I spot a bargain....

I'm hoping to develop the addiction in to a selling things on ebay addiction at some point - probably when we're burried in so many clothes that something must be done!!!

Oh how I love a bargain! Hubby does as well, so every time we're out, if we see something baby-related that's too good to pass up, we get it! There are a few more bargains we want to stock up on, like fleecy receiving blankets at Ikea for £2.69 each! It's just so much fun shopping for baby :happydance:

I know from experience what happens! You spend loads of money before hand and then 3 months after your baby is born and they have outgrown most of the stuff you bought and they didn't wear loads of it! You will look through it all and end up keeping loads "for the next baby" and then thinking, what a waste of money that lot was :rofl:

Then you give it away and never see it again! Everyone does it with their first and as you have more you tend to get more prudent with the outfits as you learn. I have bought 2 sleep suits and they were neutral. Now I can buy pink stuff and I probs won't but a lot either. This is my 4th so I know by now what I need and waht is just silly lol

We've not bought many clothes, to be honest - we've been limiting ourselves cause we don't want to end up with tons of things baby will never use. We just have tried to restrain ourselves and buy what's needed, but only if it's a bargain! LOL :happydance:

Ebay is one of my favourites these days!

i've stopped buying clothes, I think I've got enough for bump. But will probably buy more later on!

Then sell everything on ebay.....

This is my third and I still don't learn LOL
I LOVE bargains too.
Someone say sale and I'm there!

I am off to Primark later too and hubby loves a bargain .
We love going Cheshire Oaks shopping outlet near us.

I can't help myself,LOL
But I do ebay stuff when I'm done.

Me too...:p
I can't go to the shops without coming away with a bargain!
I've got good eyes.....:D

Im going on the pretense that I can keep it all for the next one... and the one after that... and the one after that!

After 2 other ones , And knowing that loads doesnt get used ... I still have gone OTT with this one lol ..

People have offered me bags of unused baby items and i keep saying yes ! , As well as buying loads .. And iam never ever having another baby so god knows what i am doing with all this stuff lol.

I guess ill change him allot to get through everything lol . xx .

Yeap im a sucker for it too!! Soooooo many clothes its madness. So what im doing now is picking up 3 -6 months stuff so ive got a nice little stash of stuff!!

Trouble is when you go intentionally looking for something you can never find it at a bargain price, you pay full whack, then a couple of weeks later you find it on sale for less than half of what you paid grrr

Yeap im a sucker for it too!! Soooooo many clothes its madness. So what im doing now is picking up 3 -6 months stuff so ive got a nice little stash of stuff!!

Think I've got some stuff that's 18 months......:rofl:

Poor DP got some Christmas bootees as they were cheap - I had to point out to him that LO will be wearing them in July :rofl:

I bought a dress thats 6-9 months the other day. Ive completely stopped buying stuff for under 3 months now. She could be huge and might never wear it!

Baby clothes are just so cute, that is the trouble!!!!! I keep seeing things and thinking 'right i'll just buy this one last outfit and then none after this'.....................until I see another one lol!

lol yep ive got all my newborn, all my 0-3 months, pretty much all of my 3-6 and some 6-9 hehe

she wont be cold anyway :p

Don'r forget though ladies that your babies could be too big or too small for any of the stuff you have bought and then you will need the money to go and get stuff to fit lol.

My last 2 were both big babies and didn't anything newborn and went straight into 0-3 months and even then not from every where as sizes vary. Woolworths 0-3 months is maller than say Asda lol. It is not easy but I suppose if you spend enough monet and buy some different sizes from every where then some thing must fit :rofl:

Awww! I recon Im going to be the same when Iv found out the sex!
Nothing wrong with stocking up atall aslong as you buy a range of ages cos I dont think she'll be in 0-3 for long!
I LOVE Primark too! Its soo cheap and had really adorable things!
Xxx
Happy shopping:D

I'm all about the consignment store, girls!
I've got loads of high-end, expensive brands for pennies!
I have bought a few little outfits new, but almost everything else is secondhand. Easier on the wallet, easier on the planet, and baby's still gonna look like a million bucks! :)
As for the gear that baby needs, I just joined an informal baby pool with a bunch of friends. We've sort of timed it so that the babies have been spread out and we can just pass the gear around. I'll have the use of a swing, bouncy chair, jolly jumper, etc, and then I'll pass it along to the next person. I love that it's free and that I don't have to be bothered with heaps of baby junk to contend with later. That's the best part of the deal!
Also, with consignment shops, you can bring in bags of used clothes and sell them for store credit so that you can get the next sizes you need. Thrifty, but fun, too, because there are always excellent finds.

That's a great idea if there are any consignment shops near you, but they are few and far between, if at all, here. I'd have to got to London for that...... Ebay works for me, and I suppose it's one good result that I can't walk around much, I haven't wandered through many baby depts and haven't caught the 'awwww, that's cute, I'll buy it' syndrome. Might once bump is out...... but not now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->