Addicted to Junk Food & Overeating PLEASE HELP ME?

I know exactly how you feel hun I've been addicted to chocolate and junk food my whole life. Even when I was a kid my mam would have an open tin of chocolates say in her bedroom at Christmas time and I'd make the excuse of going through her room to the bathroom to 'go to the toilet' but really to cram my pocket with choccies. I would dream of chocolate and send my sister to the shop to get a couple quid worth of stuff choc crisps sweets n that.

At my heaviest I was 27stone and bursting out of size 32 clothes from Evans - this was one reason I dieted cos its the biggest size they make and I thought well theres nowhere for me to buy clothes now I'd have to get them made etc also my boyfriend at the time told me he was worried I would die which shocked me.

I sold my car n joined a slimming club and walked everywhere. At fist it would take me 25minutes to walk to work n when I got there I was out of breath but soon got fitter n could do it in 15. I lost about 8 stone in a year from the walking and watching what I ate - I have to admit I did still have treats sometimes while at others I was knda obsessive about what I was eating and ate hardly anything.

Then I moved to the UK, got pregnant and had my little boy and now have joined Slimming World to try shift the rest of my weight - I'm about 19stone now and have lost just over a stone so far. I can't recommend Slimming World high enough - it's not like a diet at all you can eat loads and loads of stuff and still have your treats but obviously not so much. Maybe join if you can - there's loads of us on here doing it and helping each other.

One last thing - I am STILL addicted to junk food and chocolate and dream about it sometimes. I don't think I'll ever not be addicted but I need to try overcome it for my baby I don't want him having a fat mammy:nope:. I can't eat a bar of chocolate just lke you I need another 5 after it and whatever else I can lay my hands on and even now I have bad days but just trying to have more good days than bad and get in the swing of it again. I really think for me I need to not eat any chocolate cos like pringles once I pop I just can't stop. Very hard though to do it

Sorry for rambling on just wanted to let you know you're NOT alone. If you ever need anything just holler xxx

Forgot to say something - it's down to stopping smoking in your case that you're eating so much. I believe most ppl when they stop smoking do start eating more to replace it with - just wanted to say don't beat yourself up so much - you've managed to stop smoking which is incredible and really shows dedication and strength and I have no doubt you'll do the same with the overeating when you're ready xxx:hugs:xxx

Have you thought about an overeaters annonimous meeting? They're supposed to be great and theres tons on all over so your bound to find one nearby, ive been overeating for as long as i can remember, im an all or nothing kind of person so it was either too much or too little.Slim fast helped a lot in reducing the binges though because i didnt have to decide on what food i was eating it was just there and i had no say other than which flavour i wanted which was helpful! it also had chocolate as a part of the meal plan which was great because they tasted like mars bars :D Good luck and huge congrats on quitting smoking :hugs: x

Hello, i have exactly the same problem, i cant stop at one, if i have chocolate it would have to be a massive bar, then a couple bars of normal sized ones afterwards, it makes me feel terrible, only diet that has ever worked for me in the cambridge diet, which im starting tomoz, that involves only having shakes, so no food is involved.. if you ever need to chat PM me, i understand what its like to have such a unhealthy relationship regarding food x

Hey Beauty, thanks for replying :)

What does the Cambridge diet consist of? I have never heard of it before! Does it have good reviews/results?? And thanks, feel free to PM me too :D xx

cambridge diet consist of 3 replacement meal shakes, you may be thinking what the hell no food? but then shakes have all the vits and mins you need unlike slim fast,and you go up the plans where food is slowly introduced, with my first i put on 4stone, and lost 4 stone in 4 months on the CD diet, have 2 and a half stone to lose this time, so hopefully i can do it again, i wont lie it is extremely hard, but i had tried every diet going, and with CD you see fast results in such a short amount of time

i managed to keep the weight off for 3 years, and new if i ever gained it would be due to getting pregnant, and i was right lol

x

I'd definatly look into the oa meetings! Ive always thought that once you sort the inside the outside kind of falls into place ifykwim! Slim fast and the cambridge diet sound quite similar, with slimfast you have a milkshake or bar for breakfast, then lunch is either a soup or milkshake and then you can choose any dinner so long as its under 500 calories.You can also have 3 snacks a day, they have lovely snacks :D

So you just have three shakes a day (breakast, dinner, supper) and that is it? Wow.. idk if i could do that?! I wanna find out more about it thought. How much does it cost, etc? x

Yes just the 3 shakes aday.. you will just have them for 4 weeks, then you have a week of adding a meal i.e a bit of chicken and lettuce, then if your BMI is still high, you go back on just the shakes for another 4 weeks, when you do hit a healthy BMI that is when you go up the plans

here is there website

https://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/ you can all so calculate your BMI on the site, if you are not sure of what yours is

prices vary depening on what area you are, but its about 40-50 a week, a lot i know, but you will be saving a bit, because you wont be buying as much food

The diet isnt for everyone and at first i didnt think i could do it, but if you are serious about wanting to lose weight, it is defo worth a shot x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->