Admissions to private schools...advice please?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I understand that private schools have their own admission procedures. Do you think i am too late to show interest since my son starts school next year?? Im not sure if they have a waiting list, as if thats the case my son will be right at the bottom as iv left it so long! Any info would be appreciated xx

Best to give the school a call & find out. I noticed the private school near me have a large banner outside advertising an open day in Nov, so obviously they have places.

I think they take in all year around. I know the private school my friend works in does.

I think itll just depend on the one youve chosen

best to just ring them. remember they have spaces comeing free all the time so if theres no space straight away doesnt mean in the next few months they wont be x

My sister goes to a private school, and she got in at very short notice. She came to live with me in June, as it became clear it was going to be for the long term, we applied for the school in August, for starting in September. She was going into year 9.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies...im really hoping to get him in! x

It's best to start sending them early like preschool, if they have preschool, because each year they reserve a slot for those students and they can only make room for new students if any of the older students left the school. your chance of getting your kids in private school is greater when you start them early.

My son goes to a college preparatory private school (it's what his grandpa wanted) and I was told it was hard to get in.

My son goes to a private school and we got him a place within 1 month, it didn't take long at all. They said we may have to wait but they would let us know if it was going to be a long wait (6months+). I think like others said, there are places all the time :) good luck!

Thankyou...i am going to call them first thing tommorow...fingers crossed!! x

i went to a private school. i started in year 7 for secondary school, but the school itself had preschool children. i had to do an entrance exam but i had no problems getting in. (even had a scholarship!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->