Admitted to L&D

Jess.Taylor21

mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies need to some help please! A bit about me and how I got to L&D first!

I'm nearly 36 weeks I have IUGR and am due to be induce at 37 weeks.
Yesterday morning I woke with Bh they lasted all day but weren't painful just uncomfortable, at around 3pm I went and took a bath for nearly an hour to see if that would help get rid of the braxtons, well it didn't it made them worse and brought back and hip pain with it! I took a paracetamol and went to bed at 5pm hoping that would help. Wrong! I woke up at 4am with strong tightenings and back and tummy ache, I phoned mat bleep at the hospital at 6am and they advised to go in at 7. I then got hooked up to the monitor for 2 hours!!! (Little monkey was being super hyper with a high heart rate so had to wait for it to settle!) in that time my tightenings were registering 5-6 minutes and about 30 seconds long. they decided to admit me to see what would happen, they also done a cervical check with a speculum and I was closed and long. Since then Iv lost 3 clumps of brown snotty ahow and my contractions are still between 4-6 minutes but are lasting longer at around 45 seconds and feel much stronger. They re-examined at 4pm and still no dilation :(

I'm feeling a bit down and out about it because I really really didn't want to be induced again this time so I was hoping these contractions were going to take me on to have a natural labour but now I'm feeling like that's not going to happen :(
Please don't lecture on wait until baby is ready etc I already know all of this but I'm having a planned induction at 37 weeks anyway and I had to have my daughter at 36 weeks due to the same reasons so I know all about the risks etc.

If anyone has any advice on what I can do to help progress things along it would be much appreciated 😁

P.s I have a birthing ball and have been walking the corridors which does seem to have helped strengthen the contractions but as soon as I start to sit down/relax they seem to not be as strong!

Thanks in advance

Sorry to say that I have no advice... I think it will either just happen or not. I hope things have been progressing for you :) good luck!

Sorry hun. I wish I knew. :(
I've had regular contractions every 15 minutes most of the day then after dinner they just stopped! My induction is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday:(

I think the annoying thing is that they want to keep me in hospital to monitor me incase I labour but yet they won't do anything to help! They've not even done a proper internal, only looked with a spectrum so how can they tell whether Iv thinned out or softened etc lol! Grrrr xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->