Adopt a newbie?!

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
Just been thinking, and there are a lot of cloth newbies who are unsure about the whole thing, so how about we set up a thread for those of us who have been using for a while to offer support for newbies to ask any questions? Not sure on the logistics of it, but basically, operate on a buddy system similar to on the BFing support model.

Would anyone be interested in that, or am I just talking out my (not cloth bummed) backside?

I like that Idea! I've only been using a month or two but already helped out some people with answers and I still sometimes have questions myself :)

Sounds like an idea to me :)

love it sounds like a fab idea could have mums who volunteer to specilise in a specific type of nappy to, like flats/prefolds, AIO, Fitteds, Pockets although most of us use mainly pockets from what i gather lol

im in who wants to be my adoptee!! hahaha Im a wildchild though! hahhaha

I will happily adopt someone :D

Ive been using cloth 7 months now (omg where has time gone??) I use fitteds,wraps/wool. I also have lots of fancy pockets aios (wn, issy, cushies ect ect)

I am a nappyholic!!!!

Me tooooo! Admittedly I have only been using fluff since end of aug, but I have a biggg selection now! I use a wide selection of pockets, aio and sio, as well as hemp nappies xxx

How would it work exactly? Would people with questions contact people via PM for advice or would it be done in a thread?

I'm not trying to be rude but I've seen some pretty dodgy advice on occasion (I'm sure I've given what other people would consider bad advice too), but when it's done in a thread that everybody can see, others can step in and correct or add stuff if necessary. If it's in a PM, people could be getting some weird and wonderful advice and get put off cloth if it doesn't work.

Thats true actually ^^ Maybe what we need is something like a "Ask your newbie questions thread?" Where people can post their questions which then might stop all the aargh help threads and keep the forum a bit clearer :) and it gives more than one person the chance to answer and the OP a few different suggestions too.

id be happy to help :)
im in the process of becoming an advisor :)

i will help where i can - don't know everything, but quite a bit now :thumbup:

Me too! I am knowledgeable in some stuff now and clueless in other areas :wacko: good idea x

i'll help out where i can, i use pockets and prefolds but have used terry squares as well in the past

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->