ADOS assessment tomorrow

smileyfaces

Reaction score
Hi

Oscar has his ADOS tomorrow and Im so scared and nervous about it. Has anyone elses child had their ADOS at 2 years old? If so how did you find it?

Xx

They are so different from county to county. In South Gloucestershire your child goes to a nursery for 6 weeks and get accessed. Its 3 mornings a week and they have lunch. You go in an talk to the professions on hand and with all that information they come up with a conclusion. He loved it and although they are accessing 4 children at a time, they were brilliant. I know others just go in and have to talk to someone for a bit and they observe your child for an hour, over 2 or 3 secession and decide from that.

I found the experience on my son a really positive one. We knew something was wrong, so this was just conformation and could hopefully get him the help he needed. I think my ex took the news harder than I did, but he was still our little boy, and still is. He's now 6 and thriving everywhere but school (it has really gone down hill since he has started and now they are kind of bullying him. Its parents week next week so I'm going to have a go at them)

Ours was quite a quick one. Paired up with the speech therapist and the professor they decided after 2/3 hours, and this was also after a few mini tests with the paeditrician before, and reports from other departments in Alex's care. And a GARS questionnaire we filled in. I guess they had enough to make an decision!

All the best hun :hugs:

We are on week 5 of 6 of a group we have to attend which is all part and parcel of his final assessment but he has his actual ADOS tomorrow. We had to fill some questionnaire thing out last week so perhaps that will contribute towards the final decision?

Im just so so nervous...have no idea what they are going to look for and what they need to see? Arrghhh feel sick!

It should be quite relaxed Hun, any pressure would just cause more issues for everyone xxx

Hope everything went ok hun xxx

Yeah everything went fine thanks for asking. Paediatrician said she is certain that he has autism but they are waiting till january to diagnose once they have had their team review (very annoying).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->