• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ados

willow25

Gracies mummy !!!
Reaction score
Well my LO finally had her ados test, but I'm worried that she was too engaging and cooperative to be considered for an asd diagnosis. Although there were many very typical autistic behaviours present too. Every time we have met paediatricians etc they have all heavily suggested she's autistic but what I was wondering is how much the ados affects diagnosis, a few people have said its very rigid so doesn't necessarily consider such a broad spectrum. I have possibly many weeks to wait for the diagnosis and its just constantly going round and round in my head - its been a very long journey!

They will also take into account previous information too. From what iv read they take all the reports etc into consideration when diagnosing too x

it has been a while since my son was evaluated but i remember i was asked questions about his behaviors which they considered when giving him the diagnosis.

hmm im not sure how it will all work hun but the scottish system they have to take everything into consideration including information from you and other proffesionals. :hugs:

My son had his Ados assessment a few months ago and I felt the same as you afterwards but a couple of weeks later we had our follow up appointment and he his Ados score showed he was on the spectrum. He scored 9 and anything above 8 is indicative of ASD. They also included previous information from paeditricians and myself in the report x

Thanks everyone, we now have an appointment with the paediatrician on the 4th of January, so hopefully they will give their diagnosis then :thumbup:

Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

My Lo 'failed' her ADOS (just) twice however she has still now been diagnosed about 2years later. Its not everything, but it was the end of our relationship with CHAMs but it isnt the be all and end all. Just part of the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->